• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

PHP Upgrade Attempt Created Timezone Issue

RobbieL

New Pleskian
I was attempting an upgrade via SSH of PHP from 5.3 to 5.6.3 as per Parallels documentation. It wouldn't install even though it gave me no warnings.

I then found my timezone, Pacific/Auckland is, server-wide, now wrong. Instead of being +12 it's now +2. This is not only throughout PHP but also in the Server Time settings list in Plesk.

I've had to temporarily set the server time and all config files to Fiji to make sure all the websites work correctly.

How can I fix the timezone issue? I'm still on 5.3 as upgrading to 5.6.3 seems impossible at the moment. I've tried PECL timezonedb but that requires PHP 5.4, apparently.

Why you don't want to use "Multiple PHP" official or Atomic solution?

My goodness! Easiest thing ever! Thanks so much :) Fixed my time problem and gave me more PHP!

Plesk is still showing the timezone problem in settings though (I guess it's running off PHP 5.3 still); is there a way I can change that?

Back