• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

PHP upgrade - No longer access panel

T

TheHat

Hi

I upgraded my PHP to V5.3 via this command

yum remove php*
yum install php53*

That worked ok, restarted apache, sites etc seemed to work ok apart from one wordpress site that seems to be corrupted.

However now I cannot access my Plesk control panel. First I was getting a 404 error, after a server reboot i get

Unable to connect

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at ********.ovh.net:8443.

Please can somebody help me in anyway, maybe an upgrade to Plesk may do the trick, or can PHP be downgraded, I have since read my version does not support V5.3 PHP

I can get the Plesk default page if I do not include the :8443.

Regards

Gary

Hi,

I had the same problem today so i'm interested too for the solution...

Solution

Ok the solution was to basically repair Plesk as the upgrade has destroyed files.

I'm about to go out I will post my solution once I get back. My Plesk is now working ok, but PHP is back to V5.1 something.

Gary

Solution

Ok Here goes

Then type the following - echo '9.5.4 SuSE 11.1 95101209.08 ' > /usr/local/psa/version - changing 9.5.4 for your version

Then Type - /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/autoinstaller --select-product-id plesk --select-release-id PLESK_9_5_4 --install-component base

That sorted out everything for me. Back to the older version of PHP though.

Hope this helps

Gary

Does V9.5.4 support PHP 5.3?

Plesk doesn’t ship client’s PHP, it only downloads it from original OS vendor repo and it is quite likely it may be outdated there (especially for older OS). If your OS comes with PHP 5.3, then Plesk would run PHP 5.3 for clients.

Neither of these steps would complete.

Step 3) Replace the PHP 4 php.ini with PHP 5.3.x's (if applicable):

mv /etc/php.ini.rpmnew /etc/php.ini

Step 4) Replace the php.conf with the PHP 5.3.x php.conf (if applicable):

mv /etc/httpd/conf.d/php.conf.rpmnew /etc/httpd/conf.d/php.conf

I get this message

[root@******* ~]# mv /etc/php.ini.rpmnew /etc/php.ini
mv: cannot stat `/etc/php.ini.rpmnew': No such file or directory

Back