• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Forwarded to devs PHP-Version and Handler could not changed

Nextgen-Networks

Basic Pleskian
TITLE:
PHP-Version and Handler could not changed
PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE:
Plesk 17.5.3 Update 3 & 4
Ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS
x64
vHost
PHP Versions installed:
5.5.9 by OS vendor (PHP Handler manually disabled by intention)
7.0.18 (only FPM-Module activated)
7.1.4 (only FPM-Module activated)
PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
PHP-Version & Handler could not be changed for existing domains via PHP-Settings in domain administration.

Interesting:
  • PHP-Version and Handler could be changed via Hosting-Settings!
    See Screenshot.
  • PHP-Version and Handler could be changed via PHP-Settings for (Sub-)Domains that have been created after upgrade to plesk 17.5.3!
PHP-Setup:
STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
  1. open domain config
  2. open PHP-Settings
ACTUAL RESULT:
  1. no PHP-Handler selectable
    Screenshot
  2. if other PHP-Version is selected an error message appears and detailed php-settings (max memory and so on) disappear
    Screenshot - detailed PHP-Config disappeard
    Screenshot - error mesage after leaving PHP-Confi with cancel button
    Screenshot - error message in panel.log
EXPECTED RESULT:
PHP-Version and Handler could be changed as in new created (sub-)domains.​
ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
YOUR EXPECTATIONS FROM PLESK SERVICE TEAM:
Confirm bug

Hi,
I have same bug in 17.5.3 Update #4.
I just upgrade Plesk from 12.5 and now I can't change PHP version.

Hi,

Same problem here.

CentOS Linux 7.3.1611 (Core)‬
Version 17.5.3 Update #3

Upgrading to Update #4 didn't help too.

Thanks

Hi, Same problem here on 5 servers running Centos 6.9 and Plesk Onyx 17.5.3 Update #4
I cannot change PHP version because the secondo menu (PHP execution mode) is empty

Hey guys,

While this bug exist, you may change the PHP version for a domain via "Hosting Settings" page instead of "PHP Settings" page.

Also, if you've allowed clients to change their PHP settings themselves, They are able to change the PHP version without any issues on their own side. The problem is only with "PHP Settings" page.

Hope this helps someone.

Iman

Hey guys,

While this bug exist, you may change the PHP version for a domain via "Hosting Settings" page instead of "PHP Settings" page.

Also, if you've allowed clients to change their PHP settings themselves, They are able to change the PHP version without any issues on their own side. The problem is only with "PHP Settings" page.

Hope this helps someone.

Iman

Hey Iman,

perfect ... is working .... thank you!

Tom

Same Issue here, but only Domains/Subscriptions which are created under 12.x and earlier are affected.
On domains which where created under Onyx 17.0 or 17.5 everything seems to be fine!

CentOS 6.9 (Final)‬
Plesk Onyx Version 17.5.3 Update #4

We have the same issue since update from 17.0 to 17.5.
This option works on new account, old account have the same issue. Please check!

Betriebssystem‪Debian 8.7‬
Produkt Plesk Onyx
Version 17.5.3 Update #4, zuletzt aktualisiert: 27. April 2017 06:30:28

Same issue (similar) at:

CentOS Linux 7.3.1611 (Core)‬
Version 17.5.3 Update #5

Cant switch btw nginx and apache. I can select all the options and it does not show me any error message, besides the data shown below load without problem. But when you are given to save the data are not saved correctly, always remains the same option and can not be changed.

Thanks.

Hi @IgorG,

thanks for your confirmation.

The links to screenshots have been active for about a week and got invalid (by intention) later.
As requested I'll insert screenshots directly next time. ;-)

Back