• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question PHP Version and Laravel

Adrz

New Pleskian
I have a problem when I go to install the framework laravel, need PHP version 5.4 or higher. SSH always shows PHP 5.3.3.

In PLESK I configured the hosting with the latest version of PHP, but SHH always show PHP 5.3.3.

I need to use PHP5 + to use laravel.

PD: attached a screenshot
8PXmpc6.png

Terminal
-----------------------
[root@XXXXX ~]# php -v
PHP 5.3.3 (cli) (built: Aug 11 2016 20:33:53)
Copyright (c) 1997-2010 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.3.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2010 Zend Technologies
with the ionCube PHP Loader v4.6.0, Copyright (c) 2002-2014, by ionCube Ltd.
---------------------------

Hi Adrz,

your used command, to control your PHP version is ONLY for your vendor PHP version and not for the Plesk - PHP - versions. Each PHP - version has its own binaries:

Code:
/opt/plesk/php/5.2/bin/php -v
/opt/plesk/php/5.3/bin/php -v
/opt/plesk/php/5.4/bin/php -v
/opt/plesk/php/5.5/bin/php -v
/opt/plesk/php/5.6/bin/php -v
/opt/plesk/php/7.0/bin/php -v

Code:
/opt/plesk/php/5.2/bin/php -m
/opt/plesk/php/5.3/bin/php -m
/opt/plesk/php/5.4/bin/php -m
/opt/plesk/php/5.5/bin/php -m
/opt/plesk/php/5.6/bin/php -m
/opt/plesk/php/7.0/bin/php -m

Code:
/opt/plesk/php/5.2/bin/pecl
/opt/plesk/php/5.3/bin/pecl
/opt/plesk/php/5.4/bin/pecl
/opt/plesk/php/5.5/bin/pecl
/opt/plesk/php/5.6/bin/pecl
/opt/plesk/php/7.0/bin/pecl

Pls. use for example a file with the content:

Code:
<?php
phpinfo();
?>
... and place this file in your docroot of your domain ( example: "/var/www/vhosts/YOUR-DOMAIN.COM/httpdocs/phpinfo.php" or for a subdomain: "/var/www/vhosts/YOUR-DOMAIN/SUB-DOMAIN.YOUR-DOMAIN.COM/phpinfo.php" ). Now open your newly created page and check the used PHP version:

That's right, my phpinfo.php displays version 6.5.24.
However when I run the installer on the same root gives me the following message:

guzzlehttp / guzzle 6.2.0 requires PHP> = 5.5.0 -> your PHP version (5.3.3) does not Satisfy That requirement.

Composer runs php as a console command. You must tell the console to start PHP 5.6 or higher to be able to install this program. Try this workaround:

1) Login to your server by SSH.
2) # su
3) In your /home/[username] directory edit .bashrc and add this line as the last line:
alias php="/opt/plesk/php/5.6/bin/php"
4) Save the file.
5) # source .bashrc

Run "php -v" to verify that the "php" command will now execute the 5.6 version for your user.

Same works for 7.0 like this:
alias php="/opt/plesk/php/7.0/bin/php"

This will not change the default vendor PHP on the machine, it will only trick the file system into looking for "php" at a different location if your user is logged in to the shell.

Back