• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

PHP version NOT 4.3.10!

S

sakshale@

I've ran the Plesk updater for 7.51, however, PHP does not appear to be updated.

RPM reports php-4.3.2-psa.rh9.1

Given: "The PHP Development Team would like to announce the immediate release of PHP 4.3.10 and PHP 5.0.3. These are maintenance releases that in addition to non-critical bug fixes address several very serious security issues. All Users of PHP are strongly encouraged to upgrade to one of these releases as soon as possible."

This appears to be an issue.

PLESK UPDATE will update his own PHP, what use for own running. You need to update for VHOSTS the PHP, using YUM, Up2Date etc services.

Originally posted by lvalics
PLESK UPDATE will update his own PHP, what use for own running. You need to update for VHOSTS the PHP, using YUM, Up2Date etc services.

Am I to understand that you believe that we should have two versions of PHP installed on the system? Based on my checking, there is only one version, the psa one...

# rpm -q php
php-4.3.2-psa.rh9.1
#

Of course the Fedora Core 1 tree is not up2date either. It has version 4.3.8-1.1
(http://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora.us fedora/fedora/1/i386)

Use "/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/php -v" to see what version of PHP have PLESK.

]# /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/php -v
PHP 4.3.10 (cli) (built: Dec 16 2004 14:39:06)

Interesting.... Thanks for pointing out that descrepency. I was not aware that they kept their copy separate, but it makes sense from a support point of view.

I'll update the copy for the server.

Back