• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

PHP Version

RodStr

Basic Pleskian
We are currently on 10.3.1 of Plesk for Windows on Server 2k8 R2.
PHP v 5.2.17 & 4.4.9 (5.2.17 is for customers, 4.4.9 appears to be for Plesk usage)

We NEED PHP 5.3.x for customer usage

Does the upgrade process from 10.3.1 to 10.4.4 automatically install the latest version of PHP, or is that something that needs to be done manually ?

If manually, is there a step by step to get it done properly so I update the proper "edition" and not kill Plesk in the process ?

Thanks,

Rod

So the answer is NO, none of the 10.4.x releases updates the version of PHP.

Is there also a process I missed somewhere for manually updating the CUSTOMER PHP version and leaving the Plesk PSA PHP version alone ?

Exactly, the simple answer would have been a no and maybe a link to a solution such as:

http://kb.parallels.com/6670

I currently run 5.3 using the above method.

You have to love that guy Igor, he loves to whip out that link about what is supported. Guess what Igor, that document you link to is not always correct. Take for instance the fact that the document says MySQL 5.5 is included when in fact it is not.

The official help here is not very helpful. Buyer beware.

JFYI, PHP5.3 has some features that can lead to incorrect operation of WebPresence Builder or some webapplications. Therefore we do not recommend to use it until it will not be officially supported.

Yes I did. I can find it in the right Directory but Plesk does not seem to know about it. As you can see on my Screenshot there is an "empty" Box where PHP 5.3 should be.

Running : Panel version 10.4.4 Update #14
and no PHP 5.3 under Plesk Hosting Features.

Did you remove the feature at update #14? How to go back?

Back