• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved PHP Warning after upgrading to ONYX

Velissarios

New Pleskian
Hello to all.

I have installed Plesk 12 on Ubuntu Linux 14.04, and recently I have upgraded both Plesk (to Onyx 17) and Ubuntu (to 16.04) versions.

I'm continuously receiving the following warnings:
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php/20151012/pdo_mysql.so' - /usr/lib/php/20151012/pdo_mysql.so: undefined symbol: pdo_parse_params in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php/20151012/pdo_sqlite.so' - /usr/lib/php/20151012/pdo_sqlite.so: undefined symbol: php_pdo_unregister_driver in Unknown on line 0

By the way, all my sites and databases are working fine.

Can anyone help me on how to resolve these issues?

Incorrect version of pdo_sqlite module is tries to be loaded through some of php.ini files. Check at least /etc/php.d/pdo_sqlite.ini if it is about OS vendor's PHP.

PHP MySQL PDO is missing. Basically you will need to install the PHP MySQL module or update it. There are several entries on it online. Description: https://www.howtoforge.com/communit...ary-pdo_mysql-so-after-apt-get-upgrade.64946/

You can try
# apt-get install php5-mysql

Thank you for your quick reply. I have read the article you sent be, but with no luck.
This is the output of the given command.

Code:
apt-get install php5-mysql
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
Package php5-mysql is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
is only available from another source

E: Package 'php5-mysql' has no installation candidate

I'm sending you again the output of the "php -v" command,

Code:
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php/20151012/pdo_mysql.so' - /usr/lib/php/20151012/pdo_mysql.so: undefined symbol: pdo_parse_params in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php/20151012/pdo_sqlite.so' - /usr/lib/php/20151012/pdo_sqlite.so: undefined symbol: php_pdo_unregister_driver in Unknown on line 0
PHP 7.0.13-0ubuntu0.16.04.1 (cli) ( NTS )
Copyright (c) 1997-2016 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v3.0.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2016 Zend Technologies

Ubuntu 16.04 is shipped with PHP7 by default, not including PHP5. If you need PHP5 on Ubutunu 16.04 you might need to install it first. During your upgrade to Ubuntu 16.04 the old MySQL PDO libraries have been removed. It is possible that they cannot be installed in PHP7, because starting from PHP7, only MySQLi extension is supported (I have no idea whether the .so files mentioned refer to the old or new MySQL extension, sorry).

There is two ways to approach this issue:
a) Remove references to the pdo*.so libaries from the PHP configuration files
b) Install PHP 5.6, see this thread for more information on the issue: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/36788873/package-php5-have-no-installation-candidate-ubuntu-16-04

Back