• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

PHP Warning: imap_open(): Couldn't open stream

TerryM

Regular Pleskian
Since upgrading to 9.2.3 today on FedoraCore6 x86_64 we are getting the following error repored via Cron Daemon:

PHP Warning: imap_open(): Couldn't open stream {mail.my-webhosting.co.uk:110/pop3/novalidate-cert} in /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/ttsmailparse.php on line 34 Failed to open mailbox: Login failed.,Login failed.,Login failed.,Too many login failures

Any ideas please :( as all was working great before upgrade and the Plesk autoupdate success report has no errors :(

Since upgrading to 9.2.3 today on FedoraCore6 x86_64 we are getting the following error repored via Cron Daemon:

PHP Warning: imap_open(): Couldn't open stream {mail.my-webhosting.co.uk:110/pop3/novalidate-cert} in /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/ttsmailparse.php on line 34 Failed to open mailbox: Login failed.,Login failed.,Login failed.,Too many login failures

Any ideas please :( as all was working great before upgrade and the Plesk autoupdate success report has no errors :(

Ok the problem was the Help Desk Mail Gate Settings, the upgrade from 9.2.2 to 9.2.3 corrupted one of the settings, changed and all is working again.

@TerryM Hi which setting? I have the same error.

Thanks in advance, j.

We also have this problem, could anyone point us in the right direction to the naughty setting that's causing this error?

Thanks!

Since Version 5.3.2 there's a 6th parameter available to disable authentication with GSSAPI or NTLM:

Example:
<?php
$mbox = imap_open("{w2010ExchangeServer :993/imap/ssl}", $user, $password, NULL, 1, array('DISABLE_AUTHENTICATOR' => 'GSSAPI'));
?>
This solves the problem with Exchange 2010 for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back