• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

PHP4/PHP5 - FastCGI

Markus_Eyrich

Basic Pleskian
Hello,

If i understood it right, Plesk 9 should now be able to use 2 different php versions beside each other. But where do i configure this? Also, the advantage of PHP as CGI or FastCGI should be, that i can use different php.ini versions for different customers, or ? I mean, if i enable CGI as example i now have a php.ini at /etc/php5/cgi/php.ini which doesn't help much, since i can only edit this file for ALL web's. Where do i have to put a php.ini file to use it only for one specific vhost ? Using CMS Systems like typo3 or Joomla this is needed, since i want to enable safe_mode and configure open_basedir and so on so that this systems work with safe_mode enabled. Is there any way?

greets

Markus

Safe mode should be able to be managed directly from the Plesk when creating or editing the domain settings. For the open base dir I think you can do that in the vhost.conf file on a per domain basis.

I dont see how to enable a custom php.ini file per domain just yet, or if that is even possible - but Im sure over time we will figure out how this new option works.

If you need to override the phi.ini settings, I think you can put the new values in .htaccess file of each site. When you will override the PHP settings for this specific domain

The most important advantage of using fcgi is in my opinion handling many requests in combination with Apache MPM Worker (Threaded). But due to the misconception it is reduced to some security benefits (which would have been also possible through some other patterns than the involved suexec one here).

For using custom php.ini files a wrapper script (http://www.askapache.com/php/custom-phpini-tips-and-tricks.html) is needed, as far as I can remember. Configuration via Plesk 9 is not supported yet.

Back