• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

PHP5 and PHP4 on sametime

redline

New Pleskian
Hello i have php5 running with apache2 with plesk and i want also run php4 on my fc4 can someone help me?

Hi, same problem for me. I just took a new server in a another datacenter. I was on debian sarge with plesk 8.1.1 (the buggy one!) and php4. Now I got a FC4 distro. (new to this one in fact) with plesk 8.1.1 but with php5 on it. How can i install php4 in conjonction with php5? Or maybe simpler: remove php5 and install php4, without making a big mess on my restored sites?

Thanks for your help,

Best,

I have a similar issue. Just got a server with fc4,plesk 8 and php5, where I need to migrate a bunch of sites which only run on php4. How can I downgrade php correctly on a plesk 8 fc4 box?

Don't know, but if you run debian sarge with php4 and plesk 8.0.1, it works great.

how to install php4 and php5 in plesk

No need to downgrade the php5 . You can install php4 as a side of php5 in Linux plesk server .
So the .php extension files will take php5 as default php and .php4″ extensions will take php4 as default php . You can also set the default php as php4 for a particular domain.

Note: Current running php is php5 in the server .So we dont touch the php5 settings

You could also able to set php4 as default php of a domain
If you wish this type of configuration please follow the link below ,

-------------
http://sherin.in/?p=30
------------

Back