• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

PHP5 Apache 2 & Plesk 8.0 Issues

X

Xploreweb.com

Hi there,

Ok first of all i explain quickly why i did it this way. I have a server rhel 4 x86_64 arch with plesk 8. Rhel os came with php 4.3.9. I looked around everywhere to see if there were RPMS for php 5 for x86_64 arch. There was not, so i decided to compile PHP5 with everything i needed. All worked fine, php 5 running superb !

I compiled localhost and installed with 'make install', therefore no php RPM package is reconized as installed. I threw the old rpms 4.3.9 off.

Php5 all worked fine with plesk until i did the following: I clicked by accident when adding a domain (in plesk) safe mod on for PHP. Now the problem is.. When you surf/browse to the domain you added or edited it wants to download the PHP files instead of executing them.

So i was sure plesk changed something in the apache configuration. So i seeked through the files and found the following settings in file '/var/www/vhosts/domain/conf/httpd.include'

<IfModule mod_ssl.c>
SSLEngine off
</IfModule>
<Directory /var/www/vhosts/fixproject.com/httpdocs>
<IfModule sapi_apache2.c>
php_admin_flag engine off
</IfModule>
<IfModule mod_php5.c>
</IfModule>
Options -Includes -ExecCGI
</Directory>
<Directory /var/www/vhosts/fixproject.com/web_users>
<IfModule sapi_apache2.c>
</IfModule>
<IfModule mod_php5.c>
</IfModule>
</Directory>

As you can see plesk now disables the PHP engine by putting ' php_admin_flag engine' on OFF. If i put it on ON its working again, but the default in plesk is now screwed up as it always puts it off.

Now the most horrible part, I can't uncheck any checkbox anymore in plesk as they are checked and disabled. (SEE IMAGE BELOW).

cant_change_checkbox.jpg

I just got to make sure plesk doesnt disable the php engine anymore under any circumstance, but i can't figure out where and how i can disable or configure that for plesk 8.

It all worked fine before until i added one domain by accident with safe mode checked.. and since then they are always disabled..

Help very much appreciated.
Thank you,

Timon

Back