1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

PHP5, Plesk8.3 & Horde

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by RooMeat, Feb 29, 2008.

1. RooMeat

RooMeat Guest

Hey guys.
    I am looking at upgrading PHP from 4.3.9 to PHP5.
    I have heard that this will break Horde webmail.
    Is this correct.. and if so.. is there a fix?

2. alfmanuel

alfmanuel Guest

hi,

i think horde will be the smallest problem... if you have really troubles with horde, you can reinstall it (or upgrade it)

backup your old system :)

3. RooMeat

RooMeat Guest

The smallest problem??
    So you would expect bigger problems??

4. DanLuria

DanLuria Guest

I'd recommend installing PHP5 as CGI, so you can have it running alongside PHP4 without the risk of breaking anything.

5. alfmanuel

alfmanuel Guest

We have got about 500 clients here... If there would be an outage of the webmail for 1 or 2 hours, this wouldn't be a big problem...

I think the biggest problem ist, if all scripts of your clients would work with PHP5.
    If you got real troubles with horde, you could enable a 2nd php installation with php 4, and enable this only for horde!

AFAIK php in cgi mode is slowing down the scripts?

best regards
    manuel

6. RooMeat

RooMeat Guest

So you are running php5??

Main sites running scripts are mine anyhow haha.. and they are on the latest phpBB3 which is fine with PHP5

7. atomicturtle

atomicturtle Golden Pleskian

Ive got PHP 5.2.5 packages in the atomic channel. The issues you have to be aware of on PHP 4.4.8 and PHP 5.2.5 are that the behavior of php_admin_value is now immutable. Once a value has been set by it, it cannot be changed even if called again. If you dont use php_admin_value in any of your vhost.conf files, then you'll be fine.

8. RooMeat

RooMeat Guest

Thanks for the info.. and the packages Scott :)