• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

php5isapi.dll not loading

AndorA

Basic Pleskian
Hello,

After upgrading Plesk 10.2 to 10.3 I was so happy. It looked like everything worked rather smoothly. I could even create new domains and subscriptions, something that 10.2 would somehow not allow me to do. I had hoped the upgrade would solve whatever bug was behind that issue, and it did! For a full day Plesk was working without problems. Fast, smooth, everything functioning. Oh happy day!

But after my hosting provider restored RAID using webPAM (I always have RAID broken when doing a Plesk upgrade in case something goes wrong) I have not been able to login to Plesk ever since.

When trying to load Plesk, I get the following error:

HTTP Error 500.0 - Internal Server Error
Calling LoadLibraryEx on ISAPI filter "C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\bin\php5isapi.dll" failed

I have tried the following:

- Run all options in Plesk Reconfigurator a gazillion times
- Changed the permissions of the admin/bin directory and of the php5isapi.dll file to include full access for Network Service and psaserv (Somehow the default is they be denied all access?)
- Remove all permissions from the admin/bin dir and then add full access for "everyone"
- Checked the permissions of the /admin/htdocs/web.config file, also removed all permissions and then set full access for "everyone"
- Double checked that 32bit applications are allowed in the application pool
- Cursed everyone around me and banged my head against the table a couple of times (I know that wasn't very likely to help, but a man can try, right?)
- Ran all options in Plesk Reconfigurator another gazillion times

I'm lost. Anyone has any idea of what else I can try?

Thanks so much in advance for any lead you might have!

Regs,
Andor

After upgrade to 10.3 panel should be reconfigured to fastcgi. php5isapi.dll should not be loaded at all.

Please check if you have fastcgi as CP provider stored in registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\[Wow6432Node\]Plesk\PSA Config\Config
PLESKCP_PHP_MODE value should be "fastcgi".

Then you can additionally launch:

cd %plesk_bin%
PostInstallHelper.exe --perform --action=ChangePSACPProvider --parameters=iis
websrvmng.exe --configure-plesk-website

If this is possible, can you please send to me zipped autoinstaller3.log via email? You can find email in my profile.

Hi Pavel,

Thank you so much for your reaction!

- I've checked the registry entry, it was already correct;
- I have ran the two CLI programs you specified and they finish without issue (except the first one turned off the Plesk service, but I could turn it back on manually after the second function had also ran);
- Also, I found that the php5isapi was loaded explicitly as a module on the ISAPI modules of the Plesk site; I have removed the entry here altogether;

Now I get a different error:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\bin\php-cgi.exe - The FastCGI process exited unexpectedly

- The Windows event log doesn't mention anything related
- The php_error log in plesk/admin/logs also doesn't log anything related
- Just to try, I ran the Plesk reconfigurator one more time

After each step, the error is still the same (the FastCGI error). Any idea what I could try next?

I have sent you an email also.

Thanks again!

Andor

I have exactly same issue

Hello AndorA and PavelV

I've read the post and I am exactly in the same point as AndorA left I have error at:

EventData

Faulting application name: php-cgi.exe, version: 5.2.17.17, time stamp: 0x4d25fc25
Faulting module name: ioncube_loader_win_5.2.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x468bf8b9
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00045dde
Faulting process id: 0x1988
Faulting application start time: 0x01cc48e1dfa1908e
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\Additional\PleskPHP5\php-cgi.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\Additional\PleskPHP5\ext\ioncube_loader_win_5.2.dll
Report Id: 1df97e82-b4d5-11e0-8d0b-001b216be664
I did same as AndorA is the by defaul action I guess but same as AndorA nothing happens.

Then I check the fallowing warnings:

Fault bucket , type 0
Event Name: APPCRASH
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: php-cgi.exe
P2: 5.2.17.17
P3: 4d25fc25
P4: ioncube_loader_win_5.2.dll
P5: 0.0.0.0
P6: 468bf8b9
P7: c0000005
P8: 00045dde
P9:
P10:

Attached files:

These files may be available here:
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue\AppCrash_php-cgi.exe_b083bf191e262f9bf6c789bd7e0223a7677891d_00a97111

Analysis symbol:
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: 1df97e82-b4d5-11e0-8d0b-001b216be664
Report Status: 4

Anyone have any idea?

AppCrash_php.exe_680ec2f4e5978fbec19cbdeb527b5b448 c41c_1faeec0c

Version=1
EventType=APPCRASH
EventTime=129557768011052675
ReportType=2
Consent=1
ReportIdentifier=c1d65d44-b40d-11e0-9d49-001b216be664
IntegratorReportIdentifier=c1d65d43-b40d-11e0-9d49-001b216be664
WOW64=1
Response.type=4
Sig[0].Name=Application Name
Sig[0].Value=php.exe
Sig[1].Name=Application Version
Sig[1].Value=5.2.17.17
Sig[2].Name=Application Timestamp
Sig[2].Value=4d25fc25
Sig[3].Name=Fault Module Name
Sig[3].Value=ioncube_loader_win_5.2.dll
Sig[4].Name=Fault Module Version
Sig[4].Value=0.0.0.0
Sig[5].Name=Fault Module Timestamp
Sig[5].Value=468bf8b9
Sig[6].Name=Exception Code
Sig[6].Value=c0000005
Sig[7].Name=Exception Offset
Sig[7].Value=00045dde
DynamicSig[1].Name=OS Version
DynamicSig[1].Value=6.1.7601.2.1.0.272.7
DynamicSig[2].Name=Locale ID
DynamicSig[2].Value=1033
DynamicSig[22].Name=Additional Information 1
DynamicSig[22].Value=0a9e
DynamicSig[23].Name=Additional Information 2
DynamicSig[23].Value=0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
DynamicSig[24].Name=Additional Information 3
DynamicSig[24].Value=0a9e
DynamicSig[25].Name=Additional Information 4
DynamicSig[25].Value=0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
UI[2]=C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\Additional\PleskPHP5\php.exe
UI[5]=Check online for a solution (recommended)
UI[6]=Check for a solution later (recommended)
UI[7]=Close
UI[8]=CLI stopped working and was closed
UI[9]=A problem caused the application to stop working correctly. Windows will notify you if a solution is available.
UI[10]=&Close
LoadedModule[0]=C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\Additional\PleskPHP5\php.exe
LoadedModule[1]=C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll
LoadedModule[2]=C:\Windows\syswow64\kernel32.dll
LoadedModule[3]=C:\Windows\syswow64\KERNELBASE.dll
LoadedModule[4]=C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\Additional\PleskPHP5\php5ts.dll
LoadedModule[5]=C:\Windows\syswow64\OLEAUT32.dll
LoadedModule[6]=C:\Windows\syswow64\ole32.dll
LoadedModule[7]=C:\Windows\syswow64\msvcrt.dll
LoadedModule[8]=C:\Windows\syswow64\GDI32.dll
LoadedModule[9]=C:\Windows\syswow64\USER32.dll
LoadedModule[10]=C:\Windows\syswow64\ADVAPI32.dll
LoadedModule[11]=C:\Windows\SysWOW64\sechost.dll
LoadedModule[12]=C:\Windows\syswow64\RPCRT4.dll
LoadedModule[13]=C:\Windows\syswow64\SspiCli.dll
LoadedModule[14]=C:\Windows\syswow64\CRYPTBASE.dll
LoadedModule[15]=C:\Windows\syswow64\LPK.dll
LoadedModule[16]=C:\Windows\syswow64\USP10.dll
LoadedModule[17]=C:\Windows\system32\ODBC32.dll
LoadedModule[18]=C:\Windows\syswow64\WS2_32.dll
LoadedModule[19]=C:\Windows\syswow64\NSI.dll
LoadedModule[20]=C:\Windows\system32\IMM32.DLL
LoadedModule[21]=C:\Windows\syswow64\MSCTF.dll
LoadedModule[22]=C:\Windows\system32\odbcint.dll
LoadedModule[23]=C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\Additional\PleskPHP5\extras\ioncube\ioncube_loader_win_5.2.dll
LoadedModule[24]=C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\Additional\PleskPHP5\extras\zend\lib\ZendExtensionManager.dll
LoadedModule[25]=C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\Additional\PleskPHP5\ext\ioncube_loader_win_5.2.dll
LoadedModule[26]=C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\Additional\PleskPHP5\ext\php_curl.dll
LoadedModule[27]=C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\Additional\PleskPHP5\LIBEAY32.dll
LoadedModule[28]=C:\Windows\system32\WSOCK32.dll
LoadedModule[29]=C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\Additional\PleskPHP5\SSLEAY32.dll
LoadedModule[30]=C:\Windows\syswow64\WLDAP32.dll
LoadedModule[31]=C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\Additional\PleskPHP5\ext\php_gd2.dll
LoadedModule[32]=C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\Additional\PleskPHP5\ext\php_gettext.dll
LoadedModule[33]=C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\Additional\PleskPHP5\ext\php_imap.dll
LoadedModule[34]=C:\Windows\system32\WINMM.dll
LoadedModule[35]=C:\Windows\system32\Secur32.dll
LoadedModule[36]=C:\Windows\syswow64\CRYPT32.dll
LoadedModule[37]=C:\Windows\syswow64\MSASN1.dll
LoadedModule[38]=C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\Additional\PleskPHP5\ext\php_mbstring.dll
LoadedModule[39]=C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\Additional\PleskPHP5\ext\php_mcrypt.dll
LoadedModule[40]=C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\Additional\PleskPHP5\libmcrypt.dll
LoadedModule[41]=C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\Additional\PleskPHP5\ext\php_mhash.dll
LoadedModule[42]=C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\Additional\PleskPHP5\libmhash.dll
LoadedModule[43]=C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\Additional\PleskPHP5\ext\php_mime_magic.dll
LoadedModule[44]=C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\Additional\PleskPHP5\ext\php_mssql.dll
LoadedModule[45]=C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\Additional\PleskPHP5\ntwdblib.dll
LoadedModule[46]=C:\Windows\system32\MSVCR71.dll
LoadedModule[47]=C:\Windows\system32\NETAPI32.dll
LoadedModule[48]=C:\Windows\system32\netutils.dll
LoadedModule[49]=C:\Windows\system32\srvcli.dll
LoadedModule[50]=C:\Windows\system32\wkscli.dll
LoadedModule[51]=C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\Additional\PleskPHP5\ext\php_mysql.dll
LoadedModule[52]=C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\Additional\PleskPHP5\LIBMYSQL.dll
LoadedModule[53]=C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\Additional\PleskPHP5\ext\php_openssl.dll
LoadedModule[54]=C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\Additional\PleskPHP5\ext\php_pdo.dll
LoadedModule[55]=C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\Additional\PleskPHP5\ext\php_pdo_mysql.dll
LoadedModule[56]=C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\Additional\PleskPHP5\ext\php_pdo_sqlite.dll
LoadedModule[57]=C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\Additional\PleskPHP5\ext\php_sockets.dll
LoadedModule[58]=C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\Additional\PleskPHP5\ext\php_sqlite.dll
LoadedModule[59]=C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\Additional\PleskPHP5\ext\php_xsl.dll
LoadedModule[60]=C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\Additional\PleskPHP5\ext\php_zip.dll
LoadedModule[61]=C:\Windows\system32\CRYPTSP.dll
LoadedModule[62]=C:\Windows\system32\rsaenh.dll
LoadedModule[63]=C:\Windows\system32\credssp.dll
LoadedModule[64]=C:\Windows\system32\NLAapi.dll
LoadedModule[65]=C:\Windows\system32\napinsp.dll
LoadedModule[66]=C:\Windows\System32\mswsock.dll
LoadedModule[67]=C:\Windows\system32\DNSAPI.dll
LoadedModule[68]=C:\Windows\System32\winrnr.dll
LoadedModule[69]=C:\Windows\system32\rasadhlp.dll
LoadedModule[70]=C:\Windows\system32\IPHLPAPI.DLL
LoadedModule[71]=C:\Windows\system32\WINNSI.DLL
LoadedModule[72]=C:\Windows\system32\dhcpcsvc.DLL
LoadedModule[73]=C:\Windows\system32\dhcpcsvc6.DLL
LoadedModule[74]=C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\Additional\PleskPHP5\extras\zend\lib\Optimizer-3.3.0\php-5.2.x\ZendOptimizer.dll
LoadedModule[75]=C:\Windows\syswow64\SHLWAPI.dll

>>>FriendlyEventName=Stopped working<<<

ConsentKey=APPCRASH
AppName=CLI
AppPath=C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\Additional\PleskPHP5\php.exe

Please anyone have any idea how to fix this?

Hi Jhon,

At first, the Parallels support team brought the Panel back to live by commenting out the following in the PHP.ini file (i.e. preveting a module from loading):

;[php_aps_php]
;extension=php_aps_php.dll

This made it possible for Plesk Panel to load for a couple of days, but some functions within Panel were still not working. After re-enabling the PHP module another error appeared when loading the panel, but when commenting the module out again the original error returned. Plesk support is still working on it. When we learn more, I will let you know.

Regs,
Andor

Hmmm

Wow this is very strange

While I couldn't sleep so I got on the computer and logged in my plesk panel and saw 10.3.0 is available but thought that it wont be out until July 31 then ran the upgrader anyway. Someone messaged me. I instead look back to the upgrader and saw that the upgrader error that it stopped responding then I try to refresh 404

Then I logged into the server I see the control panel was off I went ahead to turn it back on and went to the upgrader page on the server but it took too long to respond so browser times it out then went to control panel address I saw 500 server error. I went saying not again then trying my sites.. same thing so I ran PP Reconfigurator tool that still doesn't work so I thought the upgrader might be still running.

Almost a hour later same thing exists so I went ahead to restart then going to download 10.2 upgrader (it upgrades to 10.3 instead) then ran it and after it finish I saw atmail fails to install... I'm not going to worry about that one right now and I still update the remaining components using the update feature. I still get 500 accessing the sites even the control panel.

I came here seeing php5isapi.dll not loading topic because I thought that it might be the issue due to a move from my old server that uses php5isapi.dll few years ago and ran what PavelV have posted for AndorA.

cd %plesk_bin%
PostInstallHelper.exe --perform --action=ChangePSACPProvider --parameters=iis

it fixed all of my sites other than just the control panel :D Thanks alot for posting the fix!

Last edited:
i´m with the same problem to log in into the webmail, when i run the command on the %plesk_bin% directory, "PostInstallHelper.exe --perform --action=ChangePSACPProvider --parameters=iis" i got this message:

"Unable create CustomAction Provider ChangePSACPProvider"

Is this normal? my clients wants to kill me because this problems occurs for more then one week.

Please help me to fix it.

i accessed the regedit in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\[Wow6432Node\]Plesk\PSA Config\Config and look for the PLESKCP_PHP_MODE that shoud have the value "fastcgi", and for me i didn´t have this PLESKCP_PHP_MODE on that.

I´m running Windows Web Server 2008 R2 with SP1 x64 with Plesk 10.4.4.

Thanks

Do not do that

PLEASE ADD AT THE PHP SETTING IN THE CONTROL PANEL AT OPEN_BASEDIR: \

just that

Will not work 100% well but at least your customers would be able to upload by PHP. until Parallels fix the issue.

m0rpheu5:
Webmail (I suppose you mean Horde) is working on different PHP than Control panel itself. So if you have 500 error when accessing webmail page, my recommendations won't help you definitely.

What exactly error do you have when accessing webmail? Is there any error in Event log (Application)?

any news on this?

I have the exact same problems as morpheus. A month has been passed and this thread has changed subject. Please help on this main problem.

Command "PostInstallHelper.exe --perform --action=ChangePSACPProvider"
Unable create CustomAction Provider ChangePSACPProvider

WinServer2008R2 x64

If you have the same problems as morpheus, then you don't need to launch "PostInstallHelper.exe --perform --action=ChangePSACPProvider" because it will not help you at all.

If you have problems with horde webmail (as morpheus has), then you can try to disable it and enable again in Plesk UI (Tools & settings->Server components)

if you have problems with Plesk panel itself, then you should try:

If you provide more details with error, we can help you.

What is the Plesk UI? i haven´t any Plesk UI on the Server Components in my Plesk 10.4.4.

when i try to login into the Horde webmail, it´s ask me the user and password, and then, i got this error but i don´t get nothing in the event log.

Error Summary
HTTP Error 500.0 - Internal Server Error
C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\Additional\PleskPHP5\php-cgi.exe - The FastCGI process exited unexpectedly
Detailed Error Information
Module FastCgiModule
Notification ExecuteRequestHandler
Handler PHP5-FastCGI-php
Error Code 0xc00000fd
Requested URL http://webmail.pretoembranco.com.br:80/imp/redirect.php
Physical Path C:\inetpub\vhosts\webmail\horde\imp\redirect.php
Logon Method Anonymous
Logon User Anonymous

So i change the webmail from my client from horde to atmail, and i got another problem, this webmail don´t receive attachament with special characters, like i live in Brazil and this language has many accentuation, i can´t work like this webmail, so i need to put horde to work again.

What i can do? Plesk help me.

Back