• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved PHP7.0-Sybase in plesk

Wis111

New Pleskian
Hello,

I just installed php7 and wanted to use it. But my website needs php sybase, is it available for plesk? How can I install it? I tried to install it with apt-get install php7.0-sybase and the package could not be found.

Using Debian 8 and Plesk 12.5

Thank you

Hi Wis111,

HOW did you install PHP 7?

Did you use the Plesk - PHP - package?
If this is the case, "sybase" is not included.
Code:
apt-cache search php7 | grep plesk

plesk-php70-process - Modules for PHP script using system process interfaces
plesk-php70-opcache - The Zend OPcache
plesk-php70-pspell - A module for PHP applications for using pspell interfaces
plesk-php70-tidy - Standard PHP module provides tidy library support
plesk-php70-pdo - A database access abstraction module for PHP applications
plesk-php70-cli - Command-line interface for PHP
plesk-php70-gd - A module for PHP applications for using the gd graphics library
plesk-php70-dba - A database abstraction layer module for PHP applications
plesk-php70-pgsql - A PostgreSQL database module for PHP
plesk-php70-soap - A module for PHP applications that use the SOAP protocol
plesk-php70-bcmath - A module for PHP applications for using the bcmath library
plesk-php70-xmlrpc - A module for PHP applications which use the XML-RPC protocol
plesk-php70-mcrypt - Standard PHP module provides mcrypt library support
plesk-php70-ldap - A module for PHP applications that use LDAP
plesk-php70-odbc - A module for PHP applications that use ODBC databases
plesk-php70 - PHP scripting language for creating dynamic web sites
plesk-php70-enchant - Enchant spelling extension for PHP applications
plesk-php70-imagick - Provides a wrapper to the ImageMagick library
plesk-php70-pear - PHP Extension and Application Repository framework
plesk-php70-snmp - A module for PHP applications that query SNMP-managed devices
plesk-php70-mysql - A module for PHP applications that use MySQL databases
plesk-php70-xml - A module for PHP applications which use XML
plesk-php70-imap - A module for PHP applications that use IMAP
plesk-php70-intl - Internationalization extension for PHP applications
plesk-php70-mbstring - A module for PHP applications which need multi-byte string handling
plesk-php70-release - Plesk PHP 7.0 repository configuration
plesk-php70-fpm - PHP FastCGI Process Manager
plesk-php70-dev - Files needed for building PHP extensions

You have to add for example the well-known repository from "Ondřej Surý" to be able to install php7.0-sybase.
Code:
apt-cache search php7 | grep sybase

php7.0-sybase - Sybase module for PHP
php7.1-sybase - Sybase module for PHP

I installed it via Plesk.

How do I add the respository and make the extensions available for plesk php7?

Thanks for your awnser! :)

Hi Wis111,

one way would be to use the following commands on the command line ( logged in as user "root" ):

Code:
apt-get install python-software-properties

add-apt-repository ppa:ondrej/php

apt-get update

apt-get install php7.0

Install possible extensions and modules only if you need them:

apt-cache search php7 | grep module

apt-get install PACKAGE_NAME_AS_LISTED

To be able to use the new PHP 7 version over your Plesk Control Panel, pls. continue by adding new PHP - handlers:

Code:
plesk bin php_handler --add -id php7.0-cgi -displayname "PHP 7 by sury.org" -path /usr/bin/php-cgi7.0 -clipath /usr/bin/php7.0 -type cgi -phpini /etc/php/7.0/cgi/php.ini
plesk bin php_handler --add -id php7.0-fastcgi -displayname "PHP 7 by sury.org" -path /usr/bin/php-cgi7.0 -clipath /usr/bin/php7.0 -type fastcgi -phpini /etc/php/7.0/cgi/php.ini
plesk bin php_handler --add -id php7.0-fpm -displayname "PHP 7 by sury.org" -path /usr/sbin/php-fpm7.0 -clipath /usr/bin/php7.0 -type fpm -phpini /etc/php/7.0/fpm/php.ini -service php7.0-fpm -poold /etc/php/7.0/fpm/pool.d

Afterwards, pls. use

Code:
plesk bin php_handler --reread
... and login to you Plesk Control Panel, choose the desired domain and change to the new PHP - handler:

Home > Subscriptions > DOMAIN.COM > PHP Settings

Hi Wis111,

"normally" the Ubuntu packages work as well with Debian, but you might experience issues.... my fault....

You can delete the ppa at "/etc/apt/sources.list.d/NAME_OF_THE_PPA.list" and use the following commands afterwards:

Code:
apt-get install apt-transport-https lsb-release
wget -O /etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d/php.gpg https://packages.sury.org/php/apt.gpg
echo "deb https://packages.sury.org/php/ $(lsb_release -sc) main" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/php.list
apt-get update
Pls. continue now with https://talk.plesk.com/threads/php7-0-sybase-in-plesk.338482/#post-804131

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey UFHH01. It worked I installed PHP 7.0.

But I cannot add the new php handlers to plesk.

I get the following error:
Code:
plesk bin php_handler --add -id php7.0-cgi -displayname "PHP 7 by sury.org" -path /usr/bin/php-cgi7.0 -clipath /usr/bin/php7.0 -type cgi -phpini /etc/php/7.0/cgi/php.ini
[2016-06-30 17:58:42] ERR [util_exec] proc_close() failed ['/opt/psa/admin/bin/php_handlers_control' '--add' '--path' '/usr/bin/php-cgi7.0' '--phpini' '/etc/php/7.0/cgi/php.ini' '--type' 'cgi' '--displayname' 'PHP 7 by sury.org' '--id' 'php7.0-cgi' '--clipath' '/usr/bin/php7.0'] with exit code [1]
Unable to register the PHP handler: Binary /usr/bin/php-cgi7.0 doesn't exists

exit status 1

in /usr/bin I got only the binary "php7.0"

Thanks for helping me out.

Hi Wis111,

pls. make sure that the PATH is correct, according to your installed PHP - version - - - my example is just an example... not a guide for all operating systems and all possible, available PHP versions. Pls. locate your paths and binaries and correct the example to your individual, unique system configuration and modification.

hi all,
Sorry for the digging, but I'm with a linux debian, and it does not work :( I can not add extensions to a php handler :(

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2017-05-05 à 12.38.07.png
    Capture d’écran 2017-05-05 à 12.38.07.png
    27.5 KB · Views: 2
  • Capture d’écran 2017-05-05 à 12.39.29.png
    Capture d’écran 2017-05-05 à 12.39.29.png
    68 KB · Views: 2
Hi jibé,

pls. explain the steps ( step by step, pls. ), that you used to install the extension, so that people willing to help are able to investigate ( possible ) issues/errors/problems and misconfigurations. In addition, pls ALWAYS include the output of the command "plesk version" ( logged in as user "root" over SSH ), so that there are no guessings. ;)

Back