• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

PHP7 on plesk 12

deanodino1

New Pleskian
I use opensuse os, and so am stuck using plesk 12 because it is not longer suppported. Is it possible to update php to 7? I know I can't update within the panel and previously I have used freelancers to update php. I have been told by my hosting company (1and1) that I can't update to PHP7. Generally, I try not to listen to everything they say because they have been wrong so often. So are they right this time or wrong? Due to the fact I am stuck on plesk 12 I cannot update to PHP7?

Thanks for reading the thread and helping if you can.

Hi deanodino1,

To install the required PHP version, please follow steps described in this article https://kb.odin.com/en/118378 . But we do not guarantee that such customization will be functioning normally.

Last edited by a moderator:
My install of Plesk 12.5 has the option to install PHP 7. The link you provide, by the way, brings a "404" result.

Peace,
Gene

I have installed PHP 7.0.1, with the latest Plesk 12.5.x update.

Most of my domains work well. I had to update a couple of WordPress plugins, a trivial matter.

Performance is noticeably better.

But I also have two domains with forums that have private/upgraded areas where we distributed some of our radio shows. We use an authenticated RSS feed (requires member name and password) based on a PHP script. With some help from the forums, we got it to work with PHP 5.6.16 and PHP-FPM over Apache.

When I switch to PHP 7.0.1, however, same setting otherwise, authentication fails. Anyone knowledgeable in PHP 7 differences who might look over our script and explain what needs to be changed? (We're back to PHP 5.6.16 until this is sorted out.)

Peace,
Gene

@Gene,

In essence, your question is off-topic, in the sense that it does not align with the question(s) of the thread starter.

Anyway, to respond to your question

When I switch to PHP 7.0.1, however, same setting otherwise, authentication fails. Anyone knowledgeable in PHP 7 differences who might look over our script and explain what needs to be changed? (We're back to PHP 5.6.16 until this is sorted out.)

I have to emphasize that nobody can really state anything usefull, if the contents of the script are not known.

Please start a separate topic thread, with the information necessary to answer your question.

Regards....

PS I personally would like to give the advice that you have a look at the script yourself and, at the same time, have a look at php.net, a site with clear instructions and information.

I don't think I'm necessarily knowledgeable enough in PHP to do that, but I'll post try. And I will post the script in a separate thread.

Back