• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue PHP_Error.log inflation issue

Marc_Cerebra

New Pleskian
Hi folks,

I've been having an issue for about the past 2 weeks now and have thus far not found a solution.

Put simply, the php_error.log file for a specific vhost repeatedly fills to the remaining storage of the drive (1.7TB).

I have tried everything to stop the logging.

I'm running PLESK Onyx 17.8.11 update #59 and the production website uses PHP 5.6.40. New website is being developed on 7.1.3 but for now the production site cannot be moved from 5.6.40.

Regardless, I have tried everything to disable PHP error logging.

Through PHP PLESK settings:
upload_2019-7-4_9-24-48.png

Directly in the PHP.ini file:

upload_2019-7-4_9-27-4.png

And yet it still just repeatedly fills the log file..

upload_2019-7-4_9-33-11.png

I'm completely at a loss at this stage as were this simply Apache I could disable PHP error logging fine, but PLESK is a whole other beast. Anybody have any wonderful thoughts on this?

Kind Regards,
Marc

Hi, Marc.
I just checked your case on my Plesk 17.8.11, and when I setting log_errors=off (for PHP 5.6.40) - the errors stop logging.
Are you sure that these PHP settings are for your site?
I don't know why it did not help You, but You can try to set error_reporting=0 (in this case, no errors will be logged at all).
error_reporting.png

Back