• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

phpMyAdmin default character set problem

P

pun119

In phpMyAdmin home I can't change collation or other character set todefault.

This collation character set couse problem with website with forign languase (ex:Thai) that fetch data from Mysql to show ex: web board and forum because it default character set is set to latin.

Any one have way to fix this problem.

My solution so far is to put a code in side web page which take time if I have to do this with all of my clients.

Any solution will be very thankful.

:cool:

I had problems with Collation after importing database exported from older version of phpMyAdmin... Is it the same case with you?

I think it is the same problem .
I also export data from other server phpmyadmin with older ver. than my.

Then, you have the same problem as I did. User needed to migrate his MySQL database to our server which had newer version of phpMyAdmin installed.
After import to our server, Collation fields were all set to latin_swedish instead of cp1250_xxx and that was, as far as I remember, due to older version of phpMyAdmin not exporting CHARSET values along with data.
I don't remember whether I added this values manually to all tables (thankfully it was only 1 database) or I executed SQL query's on each table within phpMyAdmin...

ie.
ALTER TABLE your_table_name CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET your_new_encoding;

Thank you I give it a try but my data contain 70 table This might take time.:D

Back