• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue PhpMyAdmin error on Ubuntu 16.04.1

jth

New Pleskian
Product: Plesk Onyx 17.0.17 Update #3

When I update plesk, I always get errors about phpmyadmin.
With dpkg-reconfigure, I get more details.

root@backend1:~# dpkg-reconfigure psa-phpmyadmin
===> Installing phpMyAdmin
ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
Trying to create pmadb... ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

WARNING!
Some problems are found during create pmadb(see log file: /var/log/plesk/install/plesk_17.0.17_installation.log)

Continue...

===> Installing phpMyAdmin
Trying to create pmadb... ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

WARNING!
Some problems are found during create pmadb(see log file: /var/log/plesk/install/plesk_17.0.17_installation.log)

Continue...

WARNING!

Continue...

root@backend1:~#

Hi jth,

pls. see: => #49 <= and be informed, that this "error" doesn't affect Plesk, PHPmyAdmin, or any depending configuration and the Plesk usage at all.
Yes, you are correct, it really should be corrected, so that instead of "root", the user "admin" should install the initial pmadb settings, but Plesk don't seem to care much about this "beauty mistake", since this issue appears for years now. :p:D

Hi All,

i got the same problem... I changed the standard path for my backups in /etc/psa/psa.conf -->

# Backups directory
DUMP_D /var/myBackupfolder
DUMP_TMP_D /tmp

during the Plesk update he tries to dump my SQL into this folder and the psaadm (Plesk Admin User Account) didn't have the right to change the file permission on the database dump file.
I used DUMP_D /tmp for the update process and it works like a charm! =)

Cheers
Franky

Back