• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

phpMyadmin not available throgh webadmin tab

J

jbsarma

Could anybody tell me why phpMyAdmin is not available under the database webadmin tab. When I click the webadmin icon I do not get any phpMyAdmin interface or anything else but get the same listing of the databases.

I checked and found that phpMyAdmin is installed in the server in usr/local/psa/admin/domains/databaes/phpmyadmin folder. I am puzzled though why it is not avaialble via the PLESK interface.

Please help.

That is the copy which Plesk installs for it's own use. If you wish to have access to phpMyAdmin, you need to download and install a separate copy into your domain's docroot somewhere. I would recommend you password protect the directory, and do not use their default directory name so script kiddies won't easily find it...

Originally posted by jamesyeeoc
That is the copy which Plesk installs for it's own use. If you wish to have access to phpMyAdmin, you need to download and install a separate copy into your domain's docroot somewhere. I would recommend you password protect the directory, and do not use their default directory name so script kiddies won't easily find it...
Thanks. I did that and I can access phpMyAdmin for the particular vhost. But it appears that I have to install phpMyAdmin in every vhost's docroot., which is going to be a lot of work. Is there a way I can install phpMyAdmin in a way that just one installation can be accessed by all the vhosts.

Not unless you want all of the clients to be able to access ALL databases on the server. For security reasons, you would be better to only install it on an 'as needed' basis and make sure it's configured for the domain user's name and password to limit their access to only their own databases.

Back