• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Opening wrong database phpMyAdmin

Martijn_mb

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
CentOS 7.9.2009
Plesk version and microupdate number
Version 18.0.47 Update #4
I've encountered this issue multiple times, but it not always happening and can't find an action or reason why it doesn't happen all the time(or at all).

We have a subscription with multiple domains and subdomains and 5 databases connected to this subscription. Some of the sites in the subscription use information out of multiple of these databases.

When you open one of the domains in Plesk via the domain overview and navigate to the databases page of the domain, you get a list of the 5 databases.
If I press the phpMyAdmin button on the second database (lets call it DB_X) in the list, it seems to open the 2nd database -> as in, it shows me the correct database name (DB_X) on the left sidebar, at the top of the table list in phpMyAdmin

But upon interacting with a table I get a popup warning that the table is not part found in DB_Y and all of a sudden phpMyAdmin seems to be interacting with DB_Y.

Closing the tab and clicking the same phpMyAdmin link on the second database opens the DB_X correctly and there are no problems for the rest of the session.

The first view times I tought I might have clicked the wrong phpMyAdmin link. But there is quite some space between those and after a couple of times encountering this problem I'm extra focused on clicking the right link.
And the initial view in phpMyAdmin also suggest that you are in the right database untill you try to interact with it.

Not a major issue - and for me this is the only subscription with multiple databases were I regularly use the phpMyAdmin - just wondering what this might be.

ps. we use Mariadb 10.5.17

Attachments

• 2022-10-20 16_10_33.png
    2022-10-20 16_10_33.png
    200.6 KB · Views: 4
I've had it today again. I've added another screenshot. The database name on the left and at the top are both correct (from the DB I intended to open).
I also see the list of tables in the right window, all from the DB I intended to open.
When I try to open the table list on the left, I just see a flash of an ajax waiting icon or something. but no list.
When clicking on a table in the list on the right, will result in an error saying the table doesnt excist -> here in the circle is the name of another DB, not the one I intended to open.

Also note in this happened directly after logging into plesk.
I logged in, went to domain list > the domain > databases > and then clicked on the phpmyadmin.

2022-10-25 11_04_36.png

hello @Martijn_mb ,

we were not able to reproduce this problem on our test stands yet.
did you check panel.log? is there something strange in it?

enable "Allow IP address changes during a single session" at https://$YourPleskAddress:8443:/admin/sessions/settings/
may help in this case (but not sure)

Back