• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Forwarded to devs PhpMyAdmin sudden timeout

Azurel

Silver Pleskian
Username: Azurel

TITLE

PhpMyAdmin sudden timeout

PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE

CentOS Linux 8.2.2004 (Core)
Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.31 Update #1

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION

This is in all plesk versions. Login in plesk and pick a subscription and go to database -> phpmyadmin. Working in phpmyadmin for a longer time and you get a message box with error code 400 Bad Request (rejected). Its a time out. Because ajax call /phpMyAdmin/sql.php returns 400.

For security reasons there is a timeout. That's a good thing! But why do I get this timeout if I called a SQL query successful only one second before? Shouldn't the timeout for activity be extended accordingly?

Is this a setting from plesk or a phpmyadmin thing?

And why error 400? Shouldn't it rather say that you were automatically logged out?

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

see desciption

ACTUAL RESULT

see desciption

EXPECTED RESULT

see desciption

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

YOUR EXPECTATIONS FROM PLESK SERVICE TEAM

Help with sorting out

I have experienced something similar on Obsidian. The cause was that I was logged out from the panel. When you are not logged in to the panel, subsequent requests through phpMyAdmin fail, because phpMyAdmin is no longer authorized to access the database. So this might have something to do with the session expiration of your panel login.

It is related to the Plesk session timeout. The workaround is to increase it in Tools&Settings > Session Idle Time.
We should adopt the error message and show that it's an actual timeout. Bugreport PPPM-12565 was submitted.

Back