• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

PhpPGAdmin Unable to export using IE??

T

Traged1

I was trying to use the export function in PhpPGAdmin to dump our PostGreSQL database, using IE I get the following error:

"Internet Explorer cannot download dbexport.php from domain.com"

Does anyone know what I can do to fix this?

First make sure that your security settings in IE are set to allow downloading (or try temporarily lowering security to low), not sure this is your exact problem, but I've seen situations recently where newer IE versions don't allow a lot of things (to prevent malicious stuff).

I can't seem to get this working for IE no matter what I do to my security settings, I have switched to FireFox and it works perfectly.

Ah yes, yet another reason to dump IE! MS is really cutting their own necks. It's one thing to tighten their security, totally another to make it difficult/impossible for people to undo/relax security to get work done.

And yet more reason I refuse to run WinXP on any of my work machines. (I only pick on XP since prior versions of IE from Win2K/98 don't have these issues)

Glad to hear you got it working with Firefox

I've also had the same issue, however, changing the IE setting did not help.

I resolved the issue by changing the /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/domains/databases/myPgAdmin/dbexport.php to include the following header lines before the existing header lines in the download and download with gzip sections.

header("Pragma: public");
header("Expires: 0");
header("Cache-Control: must-revalidate, post-check=0, pre-check=0");
header("Cache-Control: private",false);

Hope this helps ;)
Martin

Provider-one.net Limited
http://www.provider-one.net

Back