• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Please add qmail outgoingips patch

tkalfaoglu

Silver Pleskian
Hi.. Outgoingips patch is not built-into plesk and I need it, I'm sure others do too.

Beware that the vanilla outgoingips patch conflicts with the qmail IPv6 patch, so some tweaking is needed.
What I ended up doing was to remove the qmail ipv6 patch and put the outgoingips patch instead..

regards,
-turgut

You mean a patch that defines the IP address Qmail should show to the world as the mail sender IP? If so, I do this with the default QMail without applying any patches.

Outgoingips patch allows you to create a file of

<domain name> <ip address>

pairs, and depending on the sender, qmail uses that IP address to deliver the mail.
So, qmail can use multiple IP addresses this way..

-t

You mean a patch that defines the IP address Qmail should show to the world as the mail sender IP? If so, I do this with the default QMail without applying any patches.

Hello,

Can you tell how you do this?
I would like the recieving mailserver gets the connection from eth0:1 and not eth0:0

I have tried /var/qmail/control/outgoingip

as suggested in http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=77268 but that doesnt work.

regards
Jan

The default qmail as supplied with Plesk uses the FIRST IP address configured on your server if you have more than one (e.g. If you have eth0:0, eth0:1, eth0:2 then qmail will use the IP defined in eth0:0)

You can therefore have SOME control by changing which IP is defined in eth0:0. For example, if you want to use the IP that's currently in eth0:1 then simply swap the IP addresses between the two in /etc/sysconfig/networking-scripts/ifcfg-eth0:0 and eth0:1 (in Centos -- not sure about other OSes). You would then need to reboot or at least restart the network service (# service network restart). Also note that if you have a VPS then your changes may not survive a reboot and you may need to speak to your VPS provider to see if they can help.

WARNING: Although I've done such a swap myself in the past in Plesk 7 or 8 (it was a long time ago) it might screw things up in Plesk 10.x for all I know. So do so at your own risk, especially with later versions of Plesk.

What tkalfaoglu is requesting is that the patch for qmail that allows much more comprehensive control to be integrated in the version of qmail supplied with Plesk - down to defining which IP is used for which domain. And I'll second that request with bells on.

Unfortunately Postfix is now the default MTA for Plesk as of 11.x and I suspect we might be out of luck.

Personally I love qmail.

Last edited:
Back