• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Please help! Plesk installation uninstalled after removing php5

Xavier12

Regular Pleskian
Hey guys,

We need help as soon as possible. We removed php-54w from webtatic repo and it seemed to have removed all plesk dependencies!!

How can we restore Plesk back to working condition??? Please advise as soon as possible!

maybe you can use command line : /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/autoinstaller
and try to reinstall package, but i'm not shure it's works.
you don't have any backup ?

Trying it again.. will this erase all plesk settings and remove the current database??? I have a backup in a local synology nas server, but I am not sure how to rsync it back

Hi Jeanpaul..

Thanks for the help, but this definitely isn't the way to solve the issue. My plesk server is no longer running because it uninstalled after remove php-54w from linux, which removed all of plesks dependencies.. rendering my plesk to be in a non-working state, along with all sites down. I am trying to get it back up and running how it should..

the option you mentioned actually deleted my entire plesk database and settings.. DO NOT REINSTALL plesk this way

After restoring Plesk via rsync, I am now getting this error when trying to log into control panel

The file /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/index.php is part of Plesk distribution. It cannot be run outside of Plesk environment.

When restarting psa via command line.. I am getting this error
/etc/init.d/psa: line 39: /usr/lib64/plesk-9.0/psa_service: No such file or directory

Please help as soon as possible..Plesk team

Hello,

You shouldn't simply copy files from backup, it will break future updates. You should re-install Plesk through it's installer , see http://kb.odin.com/en/119521 for details. Note, you should install exactly same version, which you have before removal, so execute installer with --all-versions option to see all availiable releases.

Note, Plesk have local databases backup in /var/lib/psa/dumps, daily and before upgrade, and you may restore it, in case of problems

How can I restore the original plesk database backup to get back my original settings?? When I reinstalled, I lost all of my settings and could not log in because it seems like plesk created a new database.

Please advise, thanks

Plesk doesn't remove a database if you remove it's packages. Could you log in into MySQL, executing command in console: mysql -u admin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow`
BTW, what OS and Plesk version you have?

I reinstalled Plesk and it replaced all plesk files.. once it was done before, it reset the database and I could not log in.. So i ended up going back to my Nas server and rsyncing the main plesk folder.. for some reason this isn't working at all

i have cloudlinux and the latest plesk 12.0.18

Please advise, thanks.

Could you please provide output of commands:

cat /usr/local/psa/version

and

mysql -u admin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow` -e 'select * from psa.misc where param="version"'

?

12.5.30 RedHat el6 1205150826.19 <-- Is this plesk 12.5??? If so, how is it possible? I never installed this

10.0.21-MariaDB MariaDB Server

What I would like to do is.. remove and reinstall the latest plesk that was updated recently without losing any websites or settings, then restore the database backup that I have from psa dumps.. What is the process to do this?

It seems you somehow install Plesk 12.5.30 instead of 12.0.18.

Output of second command should be looks like:

# mysql -u admin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow` -e 'select * from psa.misc where param="version"'
+---------+-----------+
| param | val |
+---------+-----------+
| version | 012005030 |
+---------+-----------+

Something went wrong, I left the (currently installed) option left on when reinstalling.. this is driving me crazy with no sleep and many customers who will be very unhappy :(

12.5.30 RedHat el6 1205150826.19

[root@host ~]# mysql -u admin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow` -e 'select * from psa.misc where param="version"'

+---------+-----------+

| param | val |

+---------+-----------+

| version | 012000018 |

I now need to reinstall plesk without deleting my var/www folder so that I will not lose customer websites. Then restore the database dump

You have database from 12.0.18, not from 12.5.30, it seems database rollback not required.

To remove Plesk 12.5.30 you should remove its packages, it's commonly named started from plesk-, psa- or sw-.
To gather list of packages run rpm -qa | grep '^plesk\|^sw-\|^psa-' then check that you don't remove something valueable, and remove package via yum.

It should not remove database or virutal hosts. Then install Plesk 12.0.18 via installed, but run it with --all-version option, to see all availiable releases, not last one

I am so stuck here.. I tried to reinstall plesk after uninstalling.. here is the error in command line

END OF INNODB MONITOR OUTPUT

============================

DATABASE ERROR!!!

Database psa found, but version undefined

ERROR while trying to find psa database

Check the error reason(see log file: /var/log/plesk/install/plesk_12.0.18_installation.log), fix and try again

tac: write error

***** problem report *****

ERROR while trying to find psa database

Check the error reason(see log file: /var/log/plesk/install/plesk_12.0.18_installation.log), fix and try again

ERROR: An error occurred during performing of installation PREP actions (see log for details). Installation was rolled back.

Warning! Not all packages were installed.

Please check if your system services are operable.

Please resolve this issue and try installing the packages again.

If you cannot resolve the issue on your own, contact product technical support for assistance.

I just want to reinstall this and remove the database, then restore

I have a file named "mysql.daily.dump.0.gz" that was last night 4am before this entire problem.. is this the correct plesk database that holds all customers domains, plans, plesk settings?

Back