• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Please share your Plesk success stories!

IgorG

Plesk addicted!
Plesk Certified Professional
Guys, right now our forum works like a normal forum should - one poster asks a question about a problem, and other, experienced, posters provide solutions, workarounds, directions for solving this problem.

It's obviously good, people are satisfied and so on, but I think that it would be great if people start sharing and discussing their Plesk success stories here.

For example, John Smith will describe story about optimal configuration his high load Plesk server. Or Mr.Kumar will share his experience of deploying git/svn on Plesk for developers. Or Uwe will write great story about using Munin on Plesk server. And so on.

I think that these success stories will be useful for our Plesk community. We can share our own findings and discuss them.

I really hope that you will support this new initiative for the good of our community.

What about Plesk failure stories?

For example, Joe Blow creates a post with all of his version information and a clearly stated issue (including screen captures) and never gets an answer. Or maybe after he bumps the post he gets an answer from the Odin team that consists of a single link to a KB article that is only peripherally related and does not really address his issue. Or maybe Achmed got his server from one of your partners and when he asks you for support you send him back to the hosting company, but the hosting company explains to him that the particular license he purchased with the server does not include support. I think these stories should be useful for the Odin Team to improve.

Last edited:
I'm a long-time Plesk (and Parallels and Ensim before that) admin for shared hosting. I always use Linux servers.

I have been looking at Plesk 12 and 12.5 over the last year or so, and ran some tests with disappointing results. So I stayed on Plesk 11.09.

I just brought up a new AWS virtual machine using the CentOS 7/Plesk 12.5 Amazon AMI (image) in March. Tested it for a few months.

Deployed a bunch of sites using the Migration and Transfer Manager, from another server running Plesk 11.09 and CentOS 6.3.

The smoothest migration I've ever had! And fast, too. I transferred 10 domains in a first phase a week ago Saturday, and another 10 this past Saturday. Each transfer took just 15 minutes. Most everything worked. I did have one database not copy over, so I uploaded it manually from the command line with the mysql command. In a few cases I had to fiddle with the PHP settings/environment. But no big deal.

The whole migration was so fast and relatively trouble-free, I did a double-take. In the past, these have often had major problems I had to address.

And sites are running quite a bit faster with the newer PHP (5.6), which comes with OpCache already turned on.

I still remember all the time over the years I've configured xcache, APC, memcache and others I'm sure I've forgotten, manually.

Likewise with manual setup of mod_security and intrusion detection and automatic firewall banning. Both are now built-in with Atomic mod_security rules and fail2ban. Nice.

I'm also impressed, so far, with MagicSpam. I really like the fine controls, and the extensive logging. On Plesk 11.09 with qmail, dnsbl rejection was not even logged, and not overridable. This was causing me heartburn with a few clients. Now I just have greylisting and MagicSpam, which are both easy to control/configure. And spam filtering seems to have improved quite a bit. So this is a big step forward.

So I'm surprised, but pleasantly surprised. :)

So a big kudo to Plesk for improvements to the software!

Everyone (including me) just posts when there are problems. This software/operating system setup is very complex, and is usually difficult to stablize and fine-tune. This is why i test so much before upgrading.

I just thought Plesk was due some praise over such a good experience for me this time!

Everyone (including me) just posts when there are problems. This software/operating system setup is very complex, and is usually difficult to stablize and fine-tune. This is why i test so much before upgrading.

I just thought Plesk was due some praise over such a good experience for me this time!
Thank you very much for understanding and so kind words! It's so nice to receive such positive feedback :)

Reactions: eug
Using Plesk since 2005.
Meanwhile switched to another provider with an self-coded dashboard - new features are implemented very slowy. The infrastructure is slow.
Since Plesk 12 I recognize a great movement. (Always have a demo server with Plesk running in the back).
Plesk 12.5 comes as the best website control panel on the market with WordPress Toolkit integrated and much security features.
This gave us as web agency totally new possibilities to scale our business right out of the control panel instead with several external scripts and a managed hosting provider which we are addicted to.

As a result of the ongoing development of Plesk (Docker is coming...) and their great support we decided to own a new business aside our web agency just for hosting and managing Wordpress sites of our clients (and future clients).
Working on this in the background since 6 months now and I'm sure with Plesk 12.5 and Plesk Hub in the back we will be able to scale this business smoothly.
In the next 3 months we will migrate all existing clients over to Plesk and start marketing for the new hosting business :)

Happy to be part of the community - always feeling good served here, just by reading threads and solutions!

Keep on going Plesk team...

shirt_0001.jpg

Back