• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Input Share your experience and contribute to Plesk development strategy!

Alexey Sobolev

New Pleskian
Staff member
Good news, everyone! We are continuing to conduct a series of interviews with Plesk users to learn more about your experience using our product. If you can spare 1 hour of your valuable time to talk to us, tell us a little about yourself, your business, and how Plesk helps you with it, we’ll use that information to validate and update our development plans for 2021 (and further). Tell us about your successes and about the challenges you are facing.

We are excited to talk to any and all people who use Plesk, but we are especially interested right now in learning more about web development studios and individuals who have been using Plesk for at least 3 months. But, again, all are most welcome!

If you would like to participate, please send me a message and I’ll get back to you. Looking forward to hearing from you!

First of all, I want to say that I am a huge fan of Plesk!

Five things you should please think about.
I have a support contract and pay 11.60 per month for server support. That is annoying. I have asked in writing if I can also pay the amount annually in advance. The answer was no.

Sorry, Plesk is a professional company that has 98 percent ( i think so) commercial customers! On the one hand, setting up an annual payment method is trivial, and on the other hand, consider that every Minni invoice must also be processed and booked in the accounting department every month. It really annoys me!

2. video tutorials
Produce more video tutorials in different languages (German) or at least produce them in such a way that they can be easily translated in the subtitles on YouTube. It doesn't cost that much.

3. the update functionality of self-developed plugins or premium plugins is still inferior to that of MainWP, in my opinion. This can be optimised.

4. and then I have another suggestion. Provide installation scripts for the different server operating systems like Debian.
E.g. Redis (Server), ElasticSearch, Algolia

Because you have to consider one thing: the better your administration software becomes, the more customers with little knowledge of Linux will become your customers. By this I mean graphic designers, small advertising agencies, etc.

5 And as far as security is concerned, for example, the following. The Advanced ModSecurity Rules by Atomicorp software is pain in the *** for me. I've been trying to get the rules to work for days. At some point I was so annoyed by the absolutely bad interface of the application that I didn't want to use it anymore.

The biggest problem for me is not the lack of (professional) Linux knowledge. You can acquire that through reading etc. My problem is my poor knowledge of English. And when it comes to server administration, I have to deal with all the technical terminology.

Otherwise...Keep up the good work.
best regards from Bavaria:)

First of all, I want to say that I am a huge fan of Plesk!

Five things you should please think about.
I have a support contract and pay 11.60 per month for server support. That is annoying. I have asked in writing if I can also pay the amount annually in advance. The answer was no.

Sorry, Plesk is a professional company that has 98 percent ( i think so) commercial customers! On the one hand, setting up an annual payment method is trivial, and on the other hand, consider that every Minni invoice must also be processed and booked in the accounting department every month. It really annoys me!

2. video tutorials
Produce more video tutorials in different languages (German) or at least produce them in such a way that they can be easily translated in the subtitles on YouTube. It doesn't cost that much.

3. the update functionality of self-developed plugins or premium plugins is still inferior to that of MainWP, in my opinion. This can be optimised.

4. and then I have another suggestion. Provide installation scripts for the different server operating systems like Debian.
E.g. Redis (Server), ElasticSearch, Algolia

Because you have to consider one thing: the better your administration software becomes, the more customers with little knowledge of Linux will become your customers. By this I mean graphic designers, small advertising agencies, etc.

5 And as far as security is concerned, for example, the following. The Advanced ModSecurity Rules by Atomicorp software is pain in the *** for me. I've been trying to get the rules to work for days. At some point I was so annoyed by the absolutely bad interface of the application that I didn't want to use it anymore.

The biggest problem for me is not the lack of (professional) Linux knowledge. You can acquire that through reading etc. My problem is my poor knowledge of English. And when it comes to server administration, I have to deal with all the technical terminology.

Otherwise...Keep up the good work.
best regards from Bavaria:)

> 5 And as far as security is concerned, for example, the following. The Advanced ModSecurity Rules by Atomicorp software is pain in the *** for me. I've been trying to get the rules to work for days. At some point I was so annoyed by the absolutely bad interface of the application that I didn't want to use it anymore.

Not sure how you're setting it up. It's two clicks -> ModSecurity -> Settings -> Advanced Rules -> Enter Login Info -> Save

Yes, with pleasure,
but my English is very bad. I can read everything but live conversations are not so easy.

I just don't have much time this week. Next week would be fine with me.

The integration of Node.js is still at a very basic level. It is hard to use it with multiple websites, because all logs are shared. The available Node.js versions are limited and logging of actions like npm install is also very clumsy (the output is only shown in a small toast message). This is something that needs to get more comfortable and easier to use. PHP isn't the only option for dynamic websites any more.

Hi, long time lurker second time poster here!
I'd like to second the idea that Node.JS integration is still very basic, not having access to the latest versions is a problem for our clients and logging is limited severely, remote backups is also a concern of mine because some of the info in your public documentation does not line up with the experience when using remote backups such as S3 or FTP/S.
High availability and load-balancing are also a major concern for me right now, in the past I have considered bodging this and drawn ideas for different solutions but at the end of the day a good proper solution for load-balancing and high availability / redundancy is crucial for high uptime operations using Plesk. Right now I have resorted to a Highly Available Virtual Machine to accomplish this task but there is still at minimum 30 seconds of downtime for the new virtual machine to come online in the event the old one crashes.

I'm here because my sites are down hard using Plesk. I'm really aggravated and really want Plesk to work but am considering switching to something else.

I'm here because my sites are down hard using Plesk. I'm really aggravated and really want Plesk to work but am considering switching to something else.
Hello. Sorry to hear about that. The right place to submit a report about this is the Technical Support, either Plesk or your hosting provider's.

Hello. Sorry to hear about that. The right place to submit a report about this is the Technical Support, either Plesk or your hosting provider's.
I can't even log on to Plesk.
The purpose of a forum is to converse about Plesk.
If there's an issue, surely someone else has had the same issue.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-03-18 at 2.58.59 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-18 at 2.58.59 AM.png
    36.9 KB · Views: 23
That requires $ paying up for support right?
It depends on who provides your Plesk hosting. I'm guessing, it's some hosting provider. Did you try contacting them? Either way, you are of course welcome to ask any questions on this forum. Just please provide more information.

Hi!
First I would like to greet everyon. And to say that the plesk is the TOP i like it.
I would like to ask if plesk can be installed on localhost XAMPP or WAMP, for one IP Address?

So far it's been a poor experience.

Not trying to be negeative, but it's been a poor experience overall for a semi-novice coming into the space.

So if you're going to take away something from my comment, create something that allows beginners to master Plesk.

So far it's been a poor experience.

Not trying to be negeative, but it's been a poor experience overall for a semi-novice coming into the space.

So if you're going to take away something from my comment, create something that allows beginners to master Plesk.
Kinda hard when you've provided zero detail on what is horrible or you had trouble with ;)

Back