• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Plesk 10.1.1 and apache2

UweP

Regular Pleskian
Hi. I got a problem. Every time I try to put a website into maintainence mode, all websites stop beeing available. the webserver seems to be down. no apache process is running. after a short time though, it seems like the webserver is automatically started again. can anyone help me with this problem?

Goto Server management --> Settings and there is "Apache restart interval" try to change values. Maybe that helps.

hm, apache shouldn't stop running after changing maintainence mode for a website. so that wouldn't solve the real problem. ;(

thank you anyway :)

After todays upgrade this problem is still there. After reactivating a website (disabling mainainence mode) all websites are not available anymore for a short time period.

The generation of a new Apache configuration to host <xxxxxxx> failed. The following (s) has (have) occurred:

Can not restart web server:

Please correct the error / in the templates of the Apache configuration and try to generate the configuration file.

What can i do

This seems like the problem I'm having - whenever a new domain is created all websites on the server go down for up to a minute. It seems like apache is being restarted but REALLY slowly.

Any one have any suggestions on how to speed this up? At the current speed it's impossible to run a shopping cart system like WHMCS because after the order is complete the page goes down and the confirmation page is never shown.

**edit**

I just found this thread which solved my problem... perhaps it will for you too

http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=108083

Last edited:
Back