• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 10.3.1 + CloudLinux - [Upgrade Problem]

vincenzot

Regular Pleskian
Hello,

why with CloudLinux5 you don't offers the switch from php52 to php53 and you don't offer too mysql5.5 and apache 2.2.19 + SNI?

Can you fix this problem? I have need to use php53 + apache 2.2.19.

CloudLinux use the same version of centos, so, can you refresh your repository setting for permit at your customers that use CL5 to use php53 and the new apache?

I wait your answer

Thanks

Last edited:
Unfortunately we can't provide something for CloudLinux without their consent because it can break some their security features and performance.
BTW, they have php53.

Hello,

I have speck with creator of CL, it have ask to me that your package don't create problem at CL5 OS.

I have tryed to force install of php53 and works perfect with plesk, but after that plesk don't see the php support (but I repeat the internet site works) because I remove old psa-php-configurator and I install psa-php5-configurator from centos plesk repository, so that it's an problem ...

So, can you please add the same pakage of centos into CL repository for permit to do the switch from old php/apache to new version please, or you want that MR Igor Seletskiy give you the permit to release psa-php53-configurator and the new httpd for support SNI?

It's very important for me switch from php52 to php53 from plesk and use the new apache with SNI (for this motivation I have do the upgrade of control panel from 9.5.4 to 10.3.1)

I wait your answer

Thanks

Last edited:
There is definitely permission from CloudLinux. CloudLinux has same base of packages like RHEL, so please, could you make it so that it works sames way/people can choose same PHP/httpd as they can with RHEL/CentOS.
Same packages should work.

I give you too the attachment where you can find, that it's impossible do the switch into CL5-OS from php52 to php53 and mysql 5.5 and new apache with SNI support.

See the attachment, CL5 use the same packages of CentOS5, so please refresh your repository for permit at customer that use CL5 to do the switch of php, mysql and new apache, such as CentOS5.

I wait

Thanks

Attachments

• screen_gif.gif
    screen_gif.gif
    29.6 KB · Views: 7
What sort of news you are waiting? As I wrote before we can't do something with CL package structure due to their restrictions.

Mr igor seletskiy have wrote that:

There is definitely permission from CloudLinux. CloudLinux has same base of packages like RHEL, so please, could you make it so that it works sames way/people can choose same PHP/httpd as they can with RHEL/CentOS.
Same packages should work.

So can you please add the same packages of RHEL5 into CL5 Plesk repository?

Thanks you

Sure.

Plesk, 10.3.1, CloudLinux5 (Based on Centos5), 64bit

With CL5 OS, is impossible to switch php52 to php53 from plesk, and is impossible to use new features such as multiples ssl on 1 ips because is impossible to use your new apache with SNI support. Is impossible too use mysql5.5
For reproduce the problem, try to install plesk into CL5 and you can see that your plesk don't support more of your new features. I give you the screen, please see it. As you can see, I can't use php53, new apache and new MySQL

ACTUAL RESULT
many functions of RHEL5 is impossibible to use into CL5 with plesk

It's ok?

I wait your answer

Thanks

EXPECTED RESULT

I want that you insert the package:

psa-php53-configurator-1.6.1-cos5.build1012110525.15
httpd-2.2.19-11072010
httpd-devel-2.2.19-11072010

Into CL5 Repository, and edit the .inf3 file for permit at CL5 OS to do the switch from php52 to php53 and from old apache with new with SNI support. I don't use for the moment MySQL 5.5 so for the moment, for me, it's not important to have too MySQL 5.5, is only important php53 and apache 2.2.19

In my last post I have forgot to insert the attachment, I give you it now. As you can see, I don't have php53 support, apache SNI and mysql 5.5

Attachments

• screen_gif.gif
    screen_gif.gif
    29.6 KB · Views: 4
Why you can't use any other OS for your Plesk where all these required feature are fully supported?

Because CloudLinux is very better for hosting company for prevent overload and other problem in shared account. CL5 use the same packages of RHEL5 because CL is an "addon" of Centos5. CL5 without Centos can't works!

I use plesk in my company and we have all server in CloudLinux5 + Plesk (actualy only 1 server in plesk 10 and if you don't resolve this and other little problem I can't switch my other server from plesk 9.5.4 to 10.x)

So, is possible to receive the same packaged of RHEL5 into CL5 repository, or permit to use the RHEL5 repository into CL5 OS ? I repeat, is the same OS, works with the same pakages.

Ok. Thank you for detailed explanation. I have submitted request to developers and will update thread with results as soon as I receive it.

I haven't any news. Request still under developer's investigation.

Back