• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 10.3.1 How to Update Horde 3 -> 4

Christian Schopf

New Pleskian
Hi Guy,
First of all sorry for my bad english, but i will try to shape my problems comprehensible.
I am running Plesk Panel 10.3.1 on a Dedicated Virtual Server (Ubuntu 10.4 LTS).
Plesk shows me that Horde 4.3 shall be installed. But when I log into my Webmail and compare the version it s running 3.x

Here are screenshots

Horde version installed:

Horde version running:

Now i know there are security problems with horde 3.
Further Horde 4 has in my opinion better usability. (And it looks better Ajax *arrrr*)

I searched a few days to resolve the problem, but i only found a post here where someone said that I have to run some sql files from /usr/share/psa-horde/....../sql
The site of the horde project doesnt help, too.
Instead of a upgrade manual they only say that horde 4 uses now a framework doesnt updating with sql statements anymore. (This is the reason i didnt tried the sql hint)
In another Forum i heard that a manual update of horde will solve the problem.
I tried this with SSH (apt-get upgrade psa-horde)
This didnt worked, too.

Now... Can someone help me updating Horde from 3 to version 4?
Or can someone say me when an autoinstall version of Horde 4 will be available?
(autoinstall seems like only ve version 3)

greets

Christian Schopf

Try to upgrade all installed components with

# /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/autoinstaller --select-release-current --upgrade-installed-components

First of all thanks for your fast help.

Unfortunately it didnt worked.

/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/autoinstaller --select-release-current --upgrade-installed-components
File downloading products.inf3: 100% was finished.
File downloading plesk.inf3: 10%..22%..35%..42%..50%..61%..73%..81%..93%..100% was finished.
[...]
Detecting installed product components.
You already have the latest version of product(s) and all selected components
installed. Installation will not continue.
Synchronizing the Debian APT package index files...
Warning: there are errors in 'apt-get update'

Any possibility to remove and install it without the autoinstaller?

greetz

Christian Schopf

So am I understanding the tech-support right?
You tell me that 10.3.1 is delivered with Horde 3.3 so i cant update with
the autoinstaller?

Then Plesk should remove horde completely from Plesk.
Horde 3.3 is a big security risk.

So can anyone tell me how to remove Horde correct from plesk
and how to install it manual?

greetz Christian Schopf

You can completely remove Horde from Plesk with

# rpm -e psa-horde psa-imp psa-ingo psa-kronolith psa-mimp psa-mnemo psa-turba psa-passwd

But you can install Horde only from Plesk distribution kit. We can't guarantee correct Horde and Plesk operation if you install Horde from any other source.

So if Parallels "supports" Horde 3,
when they want to fix the securiry issues from Horde 3?
When they want to release Psa for Horde4?

Greetz Christian Schopf

So if Parallels "supports" Horde 3,
when they want to fix the securiry issues from Horde 3?
When they want to release Psa for Horde4?

Greetz Christian Schopf

Hi, Chris. Plesk ships patched Horde 3. Please tell us if you are aware about any security issues with Horde in Plesk. Thanks.

Yesterday I installed the new Plesk Update to 10.4.4 But there ist still Horde 3 an my System (Ubuntu), no Horde 4.2 was installed. Why? :)

Same issue over here, though the use of version numbers is very confusing. Plesk is using the version numbers of Horde and its webmail program IMP inconsistently.

4.3.9 (mentioned in the Plesk webmail section) is the version number of IMP, the webmail program included in Horde v3. Now there's Horde v4 with IMP v5.

Older Plesk readme files said that Horde 3.3.10 was included, but in Plesk 10.4 it says Horde 4.2 will be included. That's impossible as the latest release of Horde is 4.0.11.

Now, will we get Horde v4(.0.11) with Plesk 10.4?

According to http://64.131.90.31/PSA_10.3.1/dist-deb-Ubuntu-10.04-i386/opt/horde/ Plesk 10.3.1 shipped with horde 3.3.10 version and IMP 4.3.9 version. IMP is the Internet Messaging Program, one of the Horde components. It
provides webmail access to IMAP and POP3 accounts.

So this is the reason for this picture?

damnplesk.png

And if i dont want to accept, that Plesk needs much longer to update their commercial Software (from 10.3.x to 10.3.y) than Horde needs to release new full revised stable releases (Horde 4 or 5) i can only delete psa-Horde
with
# rpm -e psa-horde psa-imp psa-ingo psa-kronolith psa-mimp psa-mnemo psa-turba psa-passwd
and install and configure standalone Horde. But then there is no support from Parallels... i.E. for configure their old software for the new/new-old stable releases of horde.....?

AND there is no answer about why hook_xx's Plesk 10.4.4 doesnt has Horde 4.2...

Please confirm this or remark to this topic.

Thanks.

Chris

xD Great so instead of updating psa-horde plugin we will stay on 3.3 ....
omfg.... *ironic* Great Support, Great Work Parallels please ship plesk without plugins if u arent able to hold your plugins up to date......

yeah... this is really great... i can't awaiting to getting imp 5 (horde 4.011) with ajax interface and now... we have to wait for how long??? until plesk 11 in a year or two??

oh oh...

ps. since 05.december 2010 also awstats 7.0 is available... don't know about the changes but currently, plesk ships with awstats 6.95...

Can't we just remove the psa-horde package and install horde 4? or will that break it if it is not a plesk "psa-horde" package?

Can't we just remove the psa-horde package and install horde 4? or will that break it if it is not a plesk "psa-horde" package?

I think that Plesk will not found your custom unsupported Horde installation and as result Horde will not be integrated to Plesk interface.

Back