• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 10.4.4 and IPv6: no input field for gateway

King555

Regular Pleskian
I use Plesk 10.4.4 and Debian 5 and want to set an IPv6 address. That's no problem, but I need to set a gateway to make it work. But Plesk does not offer an input field for the gateway. Is it impossible for me to use Plesk for this or is there a "trick"?

I would also like to know how i can set the default gateway in plesk för ipv6.
I know how to add the default gateway in linux, both in interfaces and from console.
But are there no such place in plesk where ipv6 default gateway is configured?

PLesk 10.4.4 Debian 6.

Plesk only can add/remove IP addresses but setting up default gateway is a task of server's unix administrator but not Plesk.

Not sure about debian but on centos/rhel you set the gateway in a different file than the one the interface ip's are stored in, so you can set the gateway and no ipv6 address, then add it via plesk, or you can set both the gateway and the initial ipv6 address and just have plesk find it by refreshing the ip address list.

Thanks for your replies.

Now I edited the file /etc/network/interfaces manually to add the IPv6 address - including the gateway. Afterwards I refreshed the IP list in Plesk. This works. So I don't need such a feature (adding gateway) in Plesk anymore (but it would be still useful).

For more information visit my (now solved) thread:
http://forum.parallels.com/showthre...error-message)&p=701229&viewfull=1#post701229
(it's a link to the last post).

Last edited:
Back