• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 10.4.4 upgrade fails

Roberto1

New Pleskian
When I run
/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/autoinstaller --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --upgrade-installed-components

It stops at some point saying:

Exception: Failed to solve dependencies:
psa-updates-10.4.4-rhel6.build1013141007.15.noarch requires psa >= 10.4.4
Error: The requested URL returned error: 504, retry...

ERROR: The Yum utility failed to install the required packages.
Attention! Your software might be inoperable.
Please, contact product technical support.

The system still works fine, but the upgrade fails.

It seems that it doesn't believe that it's running the 10.4.4 version, but that's what actually is.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Rob

Sometimes it helps to re-install patches, install updates and then try upgrades. Error 504 is a gateway timeout and doesn't indicate that Plesk doesn't work as expected. Upgrades are not updates.
You can always try to have a look to your current version with the command: cat /usr/local/psa/version and rpm -q psa. The command mysql -uadmin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow` psa -e"select * from misc where param='version' could help to see discrepancies.

Please try:
/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/autoinstaller --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --reinstall-patch --install-component base

If you experience issues/problems/failures, please use your current bootstrapper with the command:

/usr/local/psa/bootstrapper/ppXX.X.X-bootstrapper/bootstrapper.sh repair

... replace the "X" with the latest current bootstrapper on your system ( ls /usr/local/psa/bootstrapper )

Hi,
Thank you for your answer!
Yeah - I saw a thread somewhere else and I did make sure that the current version matched the one in the db.

Before I try to run:
/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/autoinstaller --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --reinstall-patch --install-component base

What does it do exactly?
And when Plesk says components, what does it mean? Are PHP and Mysql considered components? Or are we talking of things like Watchdog and Dr. Web? (which I don't even use)

And the fact that you say "If you experience issues/problems/failures, please use your current bootstrapper with the command" makes me think I'll likely break something that I won't be able to repair!

I wouldn't want to take down Plesk or all the hosted websites just to keep Plesk up to date.

Thank you!
Rob

You might like the command:

/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/autoinstaller --help

... because that gives you all options for the autoinstaller.

To show all PLESK - components which are possible, please use the command:

/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/autoinstaller --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --show-components

PHP and/or MySQL are not shipped by Plesk. Either you use your vendor's packages, or you install your own versions. If you choose own versions, please make sure, that you still meet the requirements for your Plesk version. The suggestion to use the Plesk "bootstrapper" is based on the fact that un-finished updates/upgrades may result in issues/failures/problems and in your first post you copied the given information "Attention! Your software might be inoperable." - that's why I suggested to use the bootstrapper repair from Plesk.

Thanks again for writing back.
So - I run both commands:
and
/usr/local/psa/bootstrapper/pp10.13.4-bootstrapper/bootstrapper.sh repair
And they both completed successfully.

However, when I try the upgrade (/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/autoinstaller --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --upgrade-installed-components), the same error occurs.

Before this started happening, I replace PHP from 5.3 to 5.5 using a 3rd party repo (webtatic) and I'm quite sure that's related to this. I just don't know how and if I can fix it. I didn't know I could have upgraded PHP from Plesk interface, otherwise I would have done it.
So now I'm stuck with a 3rd-party-installed-PHP-5.5 that Plesk doesn't like.

I realized about this problem cause Plesk's automatic upgrades started failing (I figured out the auto upgrades are launched with /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/autoinstaller --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --upgrade-installed-components).

I disabled the 3rd party webtatic repo, tried again, and the upgrade still fails. I pasted the complete output

# /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/autoinstaller --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --upgrade-installed-components
Doing restart of Parallels Installer...
File downloading products.inf3: 100% was finished.
File downloading plesk.inf3: 10%..20%..30%..40%..50%..60%..70%..80%..90%..100% was finished.
File downloading ppsmbe.inf3: 18%..28%..49%..59%..70%..80%..100% was finished.
File downloading sitebuilder.inf3: 10%..48%..87%..100% was finished.
File downloading sso.inf3: 10%..51%..64%..78%..100% was finished.
File downloading setemplates.inf3: 19%..69%..100% was finished.
File downloading pp-sitebuilder.inf3: 11%..22%..32%..43%..50%..60%..71%..80%..90%..100% was finished.
File downloading billing.inf3: 11%..21%..31%..40%..50%..60%..70%..80%..90%..100% was finished.
File downloading mysql.inf3: 100% was finished.
File downloading apache.inf3: 100% was finished.
File downloading nginx.inf3: 13%..20%..35%..42%..57%..64%..72%..94%..100% was finished.
Checking for installed packages...
File downloading PSA_10.4.4/plesk-10.4.4-cos6-x86_64.inf3: 12%..23%..33%..43%..50%..64%..70%..81%..91%..100% was finished.
File downloading PSA_10.4.4/plesk-patches-10.4.4-cos6-x86_64.inf3: 10%..20%..30%..40%..50%..60%..70%..80%..90%..100% was finished.
File downloading SITEBUILDER_10.4.4/sitebuilder-10.4.4-rhall-all.inf3: 100% was finished.
File downloading BILLING_10.4.4/billing-10.4.4-rhall-all.inf3: 100% was finished.
Loaded plugins: dellsysid, fastestmirror, priorities
Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
* base: centos.muzzy.it
* extras: centos.muzzy.it
* updates: centos.muzzy.it

Detecting installed product components.
Gathering information about installed license key...
Launching component checkers...
File downloading PSA_10.4.4/examiners/panel_preupgrade_checker.php: 10%..20%..30%..40%..50%..61%..70%..80%..91%..100% was finished.
Loaded plugins: dellsysid, fastestmirror, priorities
Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
* base: centos.muzzy.it
* extras: centos.muzzy.it
* updates: centos.muzzy.it
PPB_10_4_4-dist | 951 B 00:00
PPB_10_4_4-thirdparty | 951 B 00:00
PSA_10_4_4-dist | 2.9 kB 00:00
PSA_10_4_4-thirdparty | 2.9 kB 00:00
SITEBUILDER_10_4_4-dist | 951 B 00:00
SITEBUILDER_10_4_4-thirdparty | 951 B 00:00
Attempt to remove 'php55w-common' to resolve conflict has succeeded
Exception: Failed to solve dependencies:
psa-updates-10.4.4-rhel6.build1013141007.15.noarch requires psa >= 10.4.4

ERROR: The Yum utility failed to install the required packages.
Attention! Your software might be inoperable.
Please, contact product technical support.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks,
Rob

I have to admit, that your problems could definetly be caused by your actual PHP version and there is only the way of downgrading to a another lower stable PHP - version - then do the upgrades and afterwards chnage back to your current PHP - version ( if you still want to use it ^^ ).

I would recommend using the "PHP Panda! Multi-PHP installer for Plesk", which is tested and confirmed by many Plesk users ( for Redhat Enterprise Linux, Cloudlinux, and Centos ) and you get not only an excellent support here in the forum for it, but as well from Atomicorp.com.

Hi UFHH01 -
Thank you so much for your help. I finally fixed this. In case anyone will want/need to know:

Like you suggested, first I downgraded php 5.5 from my webtatic repo to the plesk default 5.3
yum replace php55w-common --replace-with=php-common

At this point the upgrade command (/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/autoinstaller --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --upgrade-installed-components) was working again with all 3rd party repos disabled

Then I installed PHP Panda using the atomic repo like they say:
wget -q -O - http://www.atomicorp.com/installers/atomic |sh
yum install plesk-php-panda

And here's a bit of a catch. I am on Plesk 10.4.4, which doesn't support Panda's multiple php versions. It doesn't show me the dropdown list to choose which PHP version I'd like to use for a specific domain.

So instead, I followed this KB guide: http://kb.odin.com/en/114753, except that I didn't compile PHP myself since I'll rely on Panda for that, so I followed steps 4 to 7 for the domains that need php 5.5 (using the atomic php path /opt/atomic/atomic-php55/root/usr/bin)

That worked like a charm, and now I even have the option to choose which php version to use per domain, instead of upgrading the whole server.

I have to keep the atomic repo disabled though, otherwise Plesk upgrades will fail.
But I can live with that and just enable it when I run yum on command line if I want to update Panda

Again - Thank you so much!
Rob

Back