• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 10.4.4 Upgrade Scheduled Backup not working

Justin Clarke

Regular Pleskian
---------------------------------------------------------------
Plesk, 10.4.4 (Update #4), CentOS Linux 2.6.18-028stab092.1

Tools & Settings > Backup Manager > Scheduled Backup Settings. Put a check in "Activate this backup task".

ACTUAL RESULT - The scheduled backup doesn't appear to run.

EXPECTED RESULT - The scheduled backup runs and creates the files and uploads them to my FTP server.

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
It was all working fine before upgrading from 10.2 (I think that's the version I was previously on).

When I start a new normal backup task (not a scheduled one) to the FTP server this works fine every time.

I noticed there is a new feature Tools & Settings > Backup Settings. All the settings are left as default.
--------------------------------------------------------------

Are there any logs I can check to see if the scheduled backup has run?

Should this schedule appear in Tools & Settings > Scheduled Tasks? I have looked under "root" and "sw-cp-server" but can't see anything. Should I check under other users?

Thanks.

I can confirm that my scheduled backup task has stopped working too after upgrade to 10.4.4.. This + other two issues i have noticed so far makes me regret big time I decided to upgrade from 10.3.1..

Mine too

I have exactly the same problem. Manually started backups work fine. Any scheduled backups do not work, on either subscription or entire server.

Parallels please address ASAP.

I have the same problem
freshly installed system (centos + plesk 10.2)
upgrade to 10.4.4
domains installed
set up backups -> target FTP

backups will not start (subscription and owner)
manually start, the backups work

Last edited:
Thank you for report. I have forwarded it to developers. I will update thread with results of investigation.

Same problem - perhaps solution found

Same problem here. After upgrade from Plesk 10.3.x to 10.4.4 all scheduled backups stopped.

In former plesk versions there was a cronjob for user root with setup 6,21,36,51 * * * * /opt/psa/admin/sbin/backupmng >/dev/null 2>&1. This cronjob is missing now, the others (e.g. watchdog) are still there.
Does this mean that the cronjob has benn "killed" by the upgrade and just has been forgotten to be created again? What an embarrassing error if my suspicion is right...

I'm running plesk on CentOS 5.7.

Same for me.....first reported friday 11-25-11

Schedule Backups will not run - plesk 10.4.4

I have 2 servers upgraded to plesk 10.4.4 so that ssl issues could be resolved.

Now scheduled backups will not run. I have 55 domains on 2 servers so manual backups are very difficult.

I cannot find any comments anywhere on this issue.

Parallel.....please respond to this.......These servers are at godaddy.....they told me they have had request into
you for resolution and they are getting no response.

When is it going to be fixed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Same problem here. After upgrade from Plesk 10.3.x to 10.4.4 all scheduled backups stopped.

In former plesk versions there was a cronjob for user root with setup 6,21,36,51 * * * * /opt/psa/admin/sbin/backupmng >/dev/null 2>&1. This cronjob is missing now, the others (e.g. watchdog) are still there.
Does this mean that the cronjob has benn "killed" by the upgrade and just has been forgotten to be created again? What an embarrassing error if my suspicion is right...

I'm running plesk on CentOS 5.7.

Thanks Andre, here's a simple work around for everyone...

Tools & Settings > Scheduled Tasks. Click on the "root" user and then choose "Add New Task". Enter the time and days that you like (such as 30, 2, *, *, *) and add the following as the Command:
/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/backupmng >/dev/null 2>&1

Click OK and it's now working again!

That command is for my CentOS server, but Andre says his used to be:
/opt/psa/admin/sbin/backupmng >/dev/null 2>&1

Basically just check your file system and see where "backupmng" is located.

Not sure how it's taking so long for the Devs to come up with this simple solution?!

Last edited:
Cronjob work around

Does this manual cron job only work once per day? My server will only execute it once.

Also.....does anyone know how to execute the schedule as setup. I have a server with 32 domains on it. It will probably
crash if I ran all the backups at the same time.

thank you for the assistance.....I hope parrellel does it job and fix this.

I have 55 domains to backup

Does this manual cron job only work once per day? My server will only execute it once.

Also.....does anyone know how to execute the schedule as setup. I have a server with 32 domains on it. It will probably
crash if I ran all the backups at the same time.

thank you for the assistance.....I hope parrellel does it job and fix this.

I have 55 domains to backup

You can set set it to execute multiple times a day, if you want it at 4am and 11pm just add 0 to the Minute textbox and the following to the Hour textbox:
4, 23

You can separate hours out by commas, but use the 24h format for the hour.

Not sure how to limit it to certain domain through this script. Maybe someone else can answer that one.

Last edited:
Version Parallels Plesk Panel v10.4.4_build1013111102.18 os_CentOS 5
OS Linux 2.6.18-164.10.1.el5

Backup to server repository stopped after upgrade to 10.4.4
Backup to personal ftp repository stopped too.
Plesk connection to personal ftp repository is slow and takes about ten minutes just to get a directory list.
Deleting backups on ftp repository fails. They can't be removed.
Will not save personal ftp repository settings.
Manual backup to server repository generates backup file.
Manual backup to ftp repository does generate a backup file in ftp repository but page never refreshes once backup process is initiated.
FTP repository contains three new one byte sized files created at the change (midnight 12:00) from Nov to Dec and these are dated 1999. I opened on file. It contains this...

Unable to find Backup dump object

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0: backup.abstract-repository.item.php:58
__backup__abstract_repository__item->getDump()
1: backup.abstract-repository.item.download.php:29
__backup__abstract_repository__item__download->accessItem(string 'GET', NULL null)
2: UIPointer.php:595
UIPointer->access(string 'GET')
3: plesk.php:45

MU5 installed successfully.
No change to backups - they fail.

Something is missing to start the scheduled backup tasks.

Any ideas how to jump-start the backup manager and get this working again? Any fix available from Parallels?

@Igor
did you already have a solution

after mu5 update, the backups are not executed (same as before)

Same here........I updated to patch 5 still BROKEN

Fix this please Parallels....... it would be nice if you would communicate to your customers!

I have 55 domains on 2 servers.....the manual cron job suggested above in this thread does
not run correctly either.

On my server with 32 domains, it made 4 backups and stopped.

PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE :
Panel 10.4.4
on Linux 2.6.18-194.26.1.el5xen (CentOS 5)

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION AND STEPS TO REPRODUCE
Backup Tasks enabled but no backup since upgrade to 10.4.4 (local or personal directory via FTP)

Please solve it...
Thanks

Plesk connection to personal ftp repository is slow and takes about ten minutes just to get a directory list.

Hi,
I found same problem, try checking "Use passive mode" on Personal FTP directory configuration.
Solve it temporally for me...

You can add Centos 6 to the OS with the same no scheduled backups since update to 10.4

PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE :
Panel 10.4.4
on Linux 2.6.32-71.29.1_el6.x86_64 (CentOS 5)

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION AND STEPS TO REPRODUCE
Backup Tasks enabled but no backup since upgrade to 10.4.4 (local or personal directory via FTP)

I have noticed the /etc/cron.d/plesk-backup-manager is empty, like the bug before the cron gets wiped out.

What should this file be restored to? I set it to:

6,21,36,51 * * * * /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/backupmng >/dev/null 2>&1

All hot fixes are in it's currently up to date. Even tried removing and putting in the scheduled task again.

Awaiting tomorrows time to see if fixing the cron tab does the job.

Thanks!

Back