• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 10 Business Manager: Account Name Rule

ottenhoff

New Pleskian
PRODUCT: Plesk 10
VERSION: 10.1.1
OPERATING SYSTEM: CentOS 5.5
ARCHITECTURE: x86
-------------------------------------------------
Hi,

I've set up Plesk 10.1.1 with all microupdates (MU8 being the latest) with the business manager option (plesk billing).

My issue is when users place orders, and those orders are provisioned to the panel from the business manager, the user names that are created for the panel are not created consistent to the settings in the server. They seem to always be part of the user name and then random letters until the name has reached the max allow characters.

Here's how to reproduce:

1. Login to the plesk panel, then go to the business manger.

2. Once in the business manager, go to:
System Configuration > Server Groups > List Servers > Edit

On that page, there is a setting called "Account Name Rule" that has the following options:

- Use the online store input username
- First 4 of Domain, Last 1, plus TLD
- Username Prefix
- Add Suffix
- Add Sequence
- Generate a random username

I've tried all of these, one at a time, and they all produced the same result: the user name that the system creates for the panel is always the user name as they entered it in the order form, and then random letters filling up to the maximum user name value, in my case is 14 (meaning each and every user name would always be 14 characters long). Given that the user name is used for things like databases, account logins, etc, I want to try to have a better result than: "johnkrirokeuin" when the user name was just "john" to start. I understand and appreciate that user names must be unique, but I can't seem to get the business manager to use one of the above options.

After reading, and re-reading the "Administrator’s Guide to Customer and Business Manager" several times, I have come to the conclusion that there might be some fields missing in the admin form (see attachment). I don't see a prefix or a suffix field. Should those two fields be there?

Either way, my question is this: How do I control the user name that is created for the user by the customer business manager for provisioning the panel accounts?

Second question: How do I update the ones that are already there (to be in sync with both the panel and the business manager?)

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-02-15 at 6.00.14 PM.png
    Screen shot 2011-02-15 at 6.00.14 PM.png
    195.9 KB · Views: 4
Back