• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 10 email imap SSL/TLS issues

scottthepotter

Basic Pleskian
I just got a server running Centos 6 64-bit and Plesk 10.4.4 update #29. I am migrating domains/customers from a Plesk 9.5 server and have discovered that email security seems to be handled differently by default. I am using Postfix as SMTP and Cyrus-Imap as the IMAP server. In 9.5 you were able to fetch email via IMAP port 143 with a plain text password. In Plesk 10 it seems to require an SSL connection. This behaves differently in the different email clients. In Thunderbird you can simply use 'encrypted password' authentication and everything works fine. In Outlook 2010 however you only have the option of specifying 'auto', 'tls', 'ssl', or 'none'. 'None' doesn't work and if you specify either TLS or SSL you get the following message every time you start Outlook: The server you are connected to is using a security certificate that cannot be verified. The target principal name is incorrect. Do you want to continue using this server?. If you import the certificate it seems to behave until you quit Outlook and start it again and it asks the same question. This is extremely lame. How in the world can I restore the functionality of Plesk 9.5? I have compared the /etc/courier-imap/imap configuration file and they don't appear to be substantively different. It seems that SSL is being enforced. Any help would be much appreciated.

Back