• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 10 upgrade failed

D

DavidCH

I attempted to upgrade my GoDaddy dedicated server's (CentOS 5) Plesk 9 to the Plesk 10. I got a first email confirmation of success using
Parallels Products Installer 3.6.0.
Ten minutes later, I got another email with Parallels Products Installer 3.7.0 that stated that the install failed.
Now my Plesk admin is hosed. The psa fails to launch at all now. I tried the command line launching, but it gets a "failed" in response. Now I have no working Plesk.
??

Here are the last few lines in the auto email report I got from the installer:
----------------
=> [exec start] 'init/grant_sql.sh' with '/bin/sh' processor
ERROR 1146 (42S02) at line 1: Table 'mysql.servers' doesn't exist
=> [exec error] 'init/grant_sql.sh' in 0.21 secs
=> [An error occurred while upgrade.]
=> [error on previous startup] Can't continue upgrade process
Restarting SWsoft control panels server... stale pidfile. stale pidfile. [FAILED]
error: %post(hspc-release-3.3.3-10090110.i386) scriptlet failed, exit status 255
Error: An error occurred during installation of packages.
Attention! Your software might be inoperable.
Please, contact product technical support.

----------------
I've attached the entire email report as a .txt file

Attachments

• Plesk 10 upgrade failure server email report.txt
    56.9 KB · Views: 6
Hi
I got this Error too in m Email. I am using Debian 5.0 x64 and Plesk Panel 9.5.2 I cannot update to 9.5.3 or to 10.0.0

Hi
ok, update works today. After I got Email from Parallels.

Exacly, i only tried update today after get this Email today:

Dear Parallels Plesk Panel Trial User,

You are receiving this email because you downloaded a copy of Parallels Plesk Panel 9 in the prior six months. Parallels is pleased to announce the general availability of Parallels Plesk Panel 10. We invite you to download a trial copy of this new version today.

With over 100 new features requested by our customers, Parallels Plesk Panel 10 is easy to use, profitable and the most complete hosting automation system available. Our focus on delivering experiences based on the viewers’ need has resulted in an all new end-user interface, role-based access to features, and improved administrator experience. With the new embedded application store, single click access to hundreds of apps, and available mobile website functionality, the panel has become a flexible platform for hosting a wide variety of solutions. Advanced features—such as the integrated Sitebuilder with completely pre-written templates and a fully integrated billing and customer management system—deliver a turnkey web hosting system that can be used to create a variety of service plans to meet customer needs.

Don’t delay, download the new version today!

If you already know you want to purchase Parallels Plesk Panel 10, contact any of these Parallels Service Provider partners who are already offering the new version.

Some of you may also be interested in these upcoming webinars featuring Parallels Plesk Panel 10. Click thru to learn more or register to attend.

Parallels Plesk Panel 10 Feature Overview Webinar

The WHIR: Increase Your Customer Satisfaction by Delivering Audience-Specific Cloud Solutions

Jonathan McCarrick
Sr. Product Marketing Manager

p.s. We hope you will join us for Parallels Summit 2011, February 22-24, in Orlando, FL. Learn more.

But another issue. I have update successfully from 9.5.2 to 9.5.3 today. Yesterday was failed. Now I tried update to 10.0 but get this Error. The Key is invalid I think.

Warning: your license key for the base component cannot be upgraded.
Response from the licensing server: Automatic upgrade for this license is not possible. Please contact your reseller.
Synchronizing the Debian APT package index files...
Error: Failed to check whether a new license key is available.
Not all packages were installed.

Now I need wait answer from my host to get new key for 10.0 because my host I can see keys only for Plesk 8, Plesk 9.0-9.4 and 9.5

Plesk not working

I think Jeff problem was not the same problem as original post.

I got exactly same problem as Davidsh while upgrading from 9.5.3 to plesk 10 on centOS-5-x86_64.

Is there a solution else than reinstall whole plesk? What did you do David?

Here are the last few lines in the auto email report I got from the installer:
----------------
=> [exec start] 'init/grant_sql.sh' with '/bin/sh' processor
ERROR 1146 (42S02) at line 1: Table 'mysql.servers' doesn't exist
=> [exec error] 'init/grant_sql.sh' in 0.21 secs
=> [An error occurred while upgrade.]
=> [error on previous startup] Can't continue upgrade process
Restarting SWsoft control panels server... stale pidfile. stale pidfile. [FAILED]
error: %post(hspc-release-3.3.3-10090110.i386) scriptlet failed, exit status 255
Error: An error occurred during installation of packages.
Attention! Your software might be inoperable.

----------------

The problem is caused by password of admin user. Plesk upgrade will fail if password contains symbol "+".
Parallels Plesk Panel installer could not proceed the password correctly and failed.

Back