• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 11.0.9#55 All domain FTP access now rejecting

FlashGen

New Pleskian
Hi,

I've just tried to FTP in to various domains on my dedicated Plesk 11.0.9#55 box and all result in a "Login Incorrect" response from the server. On opening the control panel for each of them everything looks A-OK except that when viewing the HTTPDocs folder in control panel results in the following error ('mydomain.com' used in place of actual domain):

ERROR: PleskUtilException
filemng: stat failed: Permission denied

System error 13: Permission denied
0: FileMng.php:186
Service_FileMng->_execAndGetOutput(array)
1: FileMng.php:21
Service_FileMng->ls(string '/var/www/vhosts/mydomain.com', string 'dirs', string 'blocks')
2: FileManager.php:271
FileManager->ls_wrapper(string 'dirs', string '/var/www/vhosts/mydomain.com')
3: FileManager.php:257
FileManager->ls_dirs_wrapper(string '/var/www/vhosts/mydomain.com')
4: class.FileList.php:113
FileList->fetchFileList()
5: cList.php:85
cList->fetchList()
6: cList.php:104
cList->init()
7: FileManagerUIPointer.php:185
FileManagerUIPointer->accessItem(string 'GET', NULL null)
8: client.domain.hosting.file-manager.php:82
plesk__client__domain__hosting__file_manager->accessItem(string 'GET', NULL null)
9: UIPointer.php:595
UIPointer->access(string 'GET')
10: plesk.php:45

Everything has been working perfectly - in fact I only came across this issue as I was trying to create a new domain entry for a client and it failed.

Any insight / suggestions gratefully received
-
m

OK, on further exploration it appears that ProFTPd is failing to start up citing the following error:

mydomain.com proftpd[15449] 127.0.0.1: fatal: Socket operation on non-socket

Setting the ServerType to Standalone in the proftpd.conf file resolves the error, but results in a server closed connection response to the FTP client…

Thanks InderS.

I tried setting ServerType to standalone but that just results in hte server closing the connection. A tail of the logs pulls up the following issue:

FTP session opened.
notice: unable to use '~/' [resolved to '/var/www/vhosts/myDomain.com/']: Permission denied
Preparing to chroot to directory '~/'
chroot to '~/' failed for user 'myAdmin': Operation not permitted
error: unable to set default root directory

I'll explore further, in the meantime thanks again.
-
m

Hi FlashGen,
Just wondering if & how you resolved this issue. I have it right now after installing #55 this morning. I am getting the identical problem in /var/log/messages as your last post above.
It would appear proftpd is logging in the user. But then the user is getting rejected from viewing the files?
Thanks for your help in advance.

Back