• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 11.0.9 MU#23 Errors

a.maierhofer

New Pleskian
Hi,

i have the problem that i can't start bind9 and that i can't create email accounts because of an error in mailmng (it returned an empty error). i restarted all plesk services and noticed that "mailer service" is "not installed".
On my server is a fresh installation of Ubuntu 10.04.4 LTS running. I upgraded plesk 10.x to Plesk 11.0.9 MU#23 and then i got this errors.

How can i fix this? (I can't give more information as i already did because i don't know where i have to search)
I can't be the only one with this problem so please help me.

Hope i get an answer very fast...

Greetings
a.maierhofer

EDIT: i decided to reinstall all again and wait to update plesk but it would be very nice if someone can give me an answer/solution because i think that this is a problem in MU#23 and because i want to do an working upgrade asap. (a german blogger had the same problem but he has still no solution)

Last edited:
Could you please be more specific? What sort of error messages you have exactly? How it can be reproduced? Have you tried to start this service in CLI? Any related error messages in logs?

Hi,

i get this error: Error: Unable to find service node for web service on domain with id=4
every time i try to delete a costumer
and this error: Error: Unable update mailbox: mailmng failed: Empty error message from utility.
every time when i try to create an email account.

when i tried to start bind9 i got no error message but the service didnt start. when i tried to start it in the shell i got no error message too. it just said: starting bind9 service [failed]
i had the same error on my other ubuntu server, but i switched to the new one because nobody could fix it. now i noticed that this must be an error because of plesk.

sorry i forgot to tell you that the cpu usage is most time over 90% when plesk is running
if i stopped plesk it fell back to 5% max. usage.

Last edited:
yes, i have already tried it. there are no useful results.

i have reinstalled the system and using plesk 10 again. i hope there will come a fix for that problem.

Plesk did an automatic update...now i have this problem again:
Starting psa... done
Starting xinetd service... done
Starting bind9 service... failed
Starting mysql service... done
Starting postgresql service... not installed
Starting psa-spamassassin service... done
Plesk: Starting Mail Server... already started
Starting psa... done
Starting drwebd service... failed

this **** is pissing me on...
i did nothing except hosting my websites and then plesk isn't even starting. How can i fix that?

i added the logs as zip file.

mailman has no log files (i don't know why)

plesk upgraded to version 11.0.9 MU#23 again. now i am at the beginning of my problem again.
i can't create any email-account because of this error: "Error: Unable update mailbox: mailmng failed: Empty error message from utility."

Attachments

• logs.zip
    10.3 KB · Views: 1
Thank you so much for that help. It costed me about 500€ because i couldn't receive E-Mails from costumers but now it works fine again.

Will there be a real fix for it soon?

Back