• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 11.09 on Server 2012: 503 Service Unavailable

Raul-ENG

New Pleskian
Hello,

I am having an issue with Plesk 11.09 and 11.5 on Windows Server 2012. When I attempt to open the control panel, I receive a 503 Service unavailable error. Digging into the logs a bit I find the following:

ApplicationPool PleskControlPanel
ConfigException Cannot read configuration file due to insufficient permissions
FileName \\?\D:\inetpub\temp\appPools\PleskControlPanel\PleskControlPanel.config
LineNumber 0

The plesk logs are showing the following from plesksrv.exe:
The system cannot find the file specified. (Error code 2) at GetFileVersionInfoSize for file 'C:\Windows\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\pacer.sys' at (getDllVersion line 943) at Update component QoS Packet Scheduler(VComponenInfo::ComponentUpdateThread::execute line 129)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\bin\plesksrv.exe

Can you please give me some suggestions, I searched the forums and the web to no avail.

Thank You.

Hello,

I am having an issue with Plesk 11.09 and 11.5 on Windows Server 2012. When I attempt to open the control panel, I receive a 503 Service unavailable error. Digging into the logs a bit I find the following:

ApplicationPool PleskControlPanel
ConfigException Cannot read configuration file due to insufficient permissions
FileName \\?\D:\inetpub\temp\appPools\PleskControlPanel\PleskControlPanel.config
LineNumber 0

The plesk logs are showing the following from plesksrv.exe:
The system cannot find the file specified. (Error code 2) at GetFileVersionInfoSize for file 'C:\Windows\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\pacer.sys' at (getDllVersion line 943) at Update component QoS Packet Scheduler(VComponenInfo::ComponentUpdateThread::execute line 129)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\bin\plesksrv.exe

Can you please give me some suggestions, I searched the forums and the web to no avail.

Thank You.

hi, i've the same enviroment and same error....

Hello,

Maybe this http://kb.parallels.com/en/111729 help to solve problem.

-> To recreate the PleskControlPanel site, execute these three commands:

"%plesk_bin%"\websrvmng.exe --configure-anonymous-access
"%plesk_bin%"\websrvmng.exe --remove-sites-cache
"%plesk_bin%"\websrvmng.exe --configure-plesk-website

then reboot PleskControlPanel service.

sorry...but this doesn't solve the problem...

C:\Users\Administrator>"%plesk_bin%"\websrvmng.exe --configure-plesk-website
The service has not been started. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070426)
In Microsoft.Web.Administration module
Exception type: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException
at Microsoft.Web.Administration.Interop.IAppHostMethodInstance.Execute()
at Microsoft.Web.Administration.ConfigurationElement.ExecuteMethod(String met
hodName)
at Microsoft.Web.Administration.ApplicationPool.Stop()
at IIS7ApplicationPool.startStop(IIS7ApplicationPool* , Boolean start)
at IIS7ApplicationPool.stop(IIS7ApplicationPool* )

The problem related to wrong permissions. Try at least to enable display_errors in Parallels\Plesk\admin\php.ini and find more details.

The problem related to wrong permissions. Try at least to enable display_errors in Parallels\Plesk\admin\php.ini and find more details.

i have some problem in plesk 11 and windows 2012 after new installation

i use reconfiguration plesk but this problem is strong

The system cannot find the file specified. (Error code 2) at GetFileVersionInfoSize for file 'C:\Windows\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\pacer.sys'
at (getDllVersion line 943)
at Update component QoS Packet Scheduler(VComponenInfo::ComponentUpdateThread::execute line 129)
Execute file name: C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\bin\reconfigurator.exe

and this log file :

Execute websrvmng.exe --stop-plesk-website failed with error code 1: The service has not been started. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070426)
at Microsoft.Web.Administration.Interop.IAppHostMethodInstance.Execute() at Microsoft.Web.Administration.ConfigurationElement.ExecuteMethod(String methodName) at Microsoft.Web.Administration.ApplicationPool.Stop() at IIS7ApplicationPool.startStop(IIS7ApplicationPool* , Boolean start) at IIS7ApplicationPool.stop(IIS7ApplicationPool* )

at (execUtil line 142)
at Execute C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\bin\websrvmng.exe --stop-plesk-website(execUtil line 149)
at Stop control panel(PleskControlPanel::serviceMain line 123)
at PleskControlPanel::serviceMain(PleskControlPanel::serviceMain line 125)
Execute file name: C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\bin\PleskControlPanel.exe

and this log file :

The service has not been started. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070426)
at Microsoft.Web.Administration.Interop.IAppHostMethodInstance.Execute()
at Microsoft.Web.Administration.ConfigurationElement.ExecuteMethod(String methodName)
at Microsoft.Web.Administration.ApplicationPool.Stop()
at IIS7ApplicationPool.startStop(IIS7ApplicationPool* , Boolean start)
at IIS7ApplicationPool.stop(IIS7ApplicationPool* )

at execute console command --stop-plesk-website(vconsoleapp::start line 132)
at execute "C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\bin\websrvmng.exe" --stop-plesk-website(vconsoleapp::run line 143)
Execute file name: C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\bin\websrvmng.exe

Please Help me

Thanks

Hi Dear

My Problem Resolved by this method ( sent by Parallels support team ) :

Initially, application pool for Plesk control Panel site was getting stopped repeatedly on the server. It caused Parallels Plesk Panel to throw 503 error.

In-order to fix the issue, I changed the Identity for the 'Plesk Control Panel' application pool to
'Local system' in Advanced Settings. Now the Parallels Plesk Panel is loading without any issue.

FIXED: Permissions issue when moving and deleting INETPUB

Thanks for the suggestion, I looked into the permissions and realized that the issue was in fact with permissions. After moving the IIS root, the original inetpub folder was deleted and this was causing the issue. Plesk 11 has now successfully installed on my Windows 2012 server without any further issues.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions.

Back