• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Plesk 11.5.30 Email ERR Temporary Problem, please try again later.

iantresman

Basic Pleskian
After upgrading Plesk from 11.0.x to 11.5.30 #6, I found that myself and several of my clients could no longer receive email (Outlook, Eudora and Thunderbird), and were getting an error: "ERR Temporary Problem, please try again later." I eventually tracked it down to the mail server requiring long POP3 usernames (ie [email protected]).

However, "Server-Wide Mail Settings" has enabled "Use of short (webmaster) and full ([email protected]) POP3/IMAP mail account names is allowed". So it seems that this setting is being ignored, or each mailbox is set incorrectly?

It would be useful to get the mailboxes allowing short usernames, as I'd rather not need to help many of my computer-challenged clients from having to change their short mailbox usernames to fully-qualified usernames.

Perhaps a related issue, is that I find that spam filtering not working. If I disable it for a mailbox, and then re-enable and chose "Delete all spam messages", then I get the error message:

Error: ERROR:spammng:Multiple errors occurred: Command '['/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mail_handlers_control', '--add', '--priority=10', '--executable=/usr/local/psa/handlers/hooks/spam', '--name=spam', '--enabled', '--queue=before-local', '[email protected]', '--context=delete', '--type=recipient', '--dont-preserve-on-restore']' returned non-zero exit status 255 Command '['/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mail_handlers_control', '--add', '--priority=10', '--executable=/usr/local

This may be also related to a mailog entry:
spamd[16048]: spamd: server killed by SIGTERM, shutting down

Have you tried restarting Courier services? Does spamassassin service start/restart ok? What about mchk/mail_restore? Where is the full maillog for relevant time frame?

I'm not sure, and will have to contact my host. I do have a long mailog file, but am not sure what I am looking for. There are (a) a number of entries for: courier-pop3d: LOGIN FAILED, (b) No mention of spamassassin or mchk. I'll contact my host.

There was an issue during the Plesk upgrade, which my host told me was just a configuration issue. The log file mentions: ERROR: Failed to run the Yum utility.

Back