• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Urgent, POP Login Problem After Plesk 11 Upgrade

theywill

Basic Pleskian
Hi there,

Over the weekend, I upgraded from Plesk 10.3 to Plesk 11.5, using the updater in the control panel. Everything seemed to go well. However, this morning I've noticed that some, not all, email accounts are having trouble logging into the server to send and receive mail. Other accounts are working fine.

Via POP, I get this error:
-ERR Temporary problem, please try again later

Via SMTP, I get this error:
535 auth failure

I see this in the maillog
Jun 17 07:15:05 [server] courier-pop3d: LOGIN FAILED, user=[username], ip=[::ffff:xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx]
Jun 17 07:15:05 [server] courier-pop3d: authentication error: Input/output error

And this...
Jun 17 07:24:50 [server] smtp_auth: FAILED: [email address] - password incorrect from [host] [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx]

I replaced the server name, username, host, and IP in the above.

Here are the steps I've tried so far.
- Changing the password using the control panel.
- Updating the number of daemons in authdaemonrc
- Restarting the services

Any suggestions? Thanks for your help.

Best regards,
James

OK. So this turned out to be a very unexpected problem.

Several domains on the server had been assigned a new expiration date of yesterday, the day of the upgrade, during the upgrade.

Unfortunately, setting the plans to have no expiration and syncing from the plan (or the subscription control panel) did not help. The dates must be reset manually, through the Customize plan feature. Then you can resync.

James

Just in case someone else runs into this, I found a script from Igor to update all of the subscriptions to no expiration. This is at least a quick fix to keep the sites running, if you have too many to update manually in a reasonable amount of time.

Here's the link.
http://forum.parallels.com/pda/index.php/t-259357.html

Here's his script, which worked for me on CentOS.
for i in `mysql -uadmin -p\`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow\` psa -Ns -e "select name from domains"`; do /usr/local/psa/bin/subscription_settings -u $i -expiration -1; done

Regards,
James

Apologies for the late reply, theywill, I just upgraded to Plesk 11.5 and ran into this exact problem. Found this thread by Googling for one of the error messages.

My question: what do you mean "syncing from the plan (or the subscription control panel)"? I don't see a control called anything like "sync".

I have manually set future expiration dates in Customize for two domains whose dates got changed to "Unlimited"; one of them now connects fine, after half an hour or so, but the other does not. Sounds like some kind of "sync" happened after enough time went by.

Where is that control?

Back