• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 11.5 Applications - Why allow opencart when mCrypt not installed?

Web-Cookie

New Pleskian
Hi,

I tried to do a regular installation of Opencart using FTP, only the installation requires mCrypt.
So I decided to use the application installation via Plesk (thinking it would install any extras it requires) but upon the message "OpenCart was successfully installed at http://mydomain.com/opencart." and trying to open the homepage I just get a white screen. Doh! This leads me to believe that mCript wasn't installed when installing Opencart via Plesk.

My issue is - why allow installations of applications that require additional packages to be installed, display a success page, and not mention the fact that mCrypt needs to be installed first?

Rant over :)

I will just have to install mCrypt via SSH and accept the Plesk update warnings of third-party repos.

Cheers

If you install extensions such as mCrypt using a different repo, the next time you go to update Plesk you get a warning that the update may fail because third-party repo was used.
Kinda missed the point though about the applications being available to install, and showing as installed correctly, when in fact they will not function correctly.

AFAIK, there are no such warnings now. Regarding mcrypt and OpenCart - this looks to be OpenCart packaging problem (not declaring that it needs mcrypt).

Yea I just noticed those warnings no longer show, Opencart standard installation does state that it requires mCrypt but Plesk install does not.

Opencart standard installation does state that it requires mCrypt but Plesk install does not
The declaration is not made or determined by plesk but the APS packaging. If it's not defined in the aps APP-META.xml then plesk would not know it's requirement.

I know you may wonder how then plesk is able to install it without that requirement met, well it does easily because it just copies files to the respective path and dumps the SQL dump files to the respective database and finely creates it's respective config file ...

Back