• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 11.5 Backup won´t work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simonkraml, I reproduce your problem.
Problem affects Unix only.
As workaround I suggest you to use customer level backups (Subscripion's Control Panel -> "Account" tab -> "Back Up My Account and Websites"). They must be listed properly.
I report bug: PPP-4427.

thanks for your replay.
yes when a customer shedules a backup this is listed in backupmanger.
i hope the bug is fixed soon.
best regards

I have just sent you a couple of PMs with the respective logfiles.
Please treat them confidentially and get back to me as soon as possible!
Probably, you have problem with national symbols in vhost.conf (I've meant it before).
We know about it and working on this problem.
Bug: PPP-3717

Has there been any update on this? It seems that I can backup all but one of my domains, and the only affected domain by the bug has a BLANK conf file (/etc/httpd/conf/plesk.conf.d/vhosts/<example.com.conf>):

#ATTENTION!
#
#DO NOT MODIFY THIS FILE BECAUSE IT WAS GENERATED AUTOMATICALLY,
#SO ALL YOUR CHANGES WILL BE LOST THE NEXT TIME THE FILE IS GENERATED.
#IF YOU REQUIRE TO APPLY CUSTOM MODIFICATIONS, PERFORM THEM IN THE FOLLOWING FILES:
#/var/www/vhosts/system/<example.com>/conf/vhost.conf
#/var/www/vhosts/system/<example.com>/conf/vhost_ssl.conf

That's the file in its entirety. Any of the other vhosts on my server have a full conf file, but this domain will NOT generate a proper file, even after forcing the file to be updated. Where is the file generated from? I'd like to know what's causing this.

Edit: Also found another interesting symptom tonight. When re-generating the conf file, the individual php.ini file gets recreated as well, and it's only a partial file as well (noticed I had timezone errors when there shouldn't have been any).

What is going on with this? It was fine a month ago and nothing has changed!

Last edited:
To add something new, now I am unable to create a new subscription. Every time I click to add, I get HTTP error 502 (bad gateway). Tried restarting everything, including the server, and I've tried increasing nginx cache. No dice.

Related to something recent? 11.5.30 #17.

Probably, you have problem with national symbols in vhost.conf (I've meant it before).
We know about it and working on this problem.
Bug: PPP-3717

OK...which conf file would you like to have to verify that I do not have any national symbols in there!
I have checked every file and every password...there is non of it in there!

When can you finally fix this problem?
I don´t know how many months have passed until now and there is no fix...I still cannot make any backups!

The only thing I recognized is that the MySQL password is not the same as the Plesk admin password. This should be the case as far as I know. Why is this the case and could that be the reason for this trouble?

Yours, looser9

Thank you for such interesting case. I will think what we can do with it.

in the last 2 weeks i have renamed the customer panel login name.
all logins are in this form: s123456 ( s and 6 digit long number). since that the backups are listed in backupmanager when the customer login.

but there is a new problem:
when i login as admin and would like to open the backup manager after few minutes i get an error: nginx 504 Gateway Time-out

Hello,

I have reported a very similar problem on my server. See that thread for error messages in backup.log

Only one of my domains causes an error when trying to create a backup. I have no strange characters in the domain name, system user for that domain or in the domains' vhost.conf.

Backups where working fine until I updated from 11.0.x to 11.5.x. My panel is up to date and until a few days ago I did not discover that only one domain causes the error, the other domains on this server can be backed up without a problem.

Greetings.

Anything new here?

In #23 they fixed "Domain backups did not work if web server configuration files contained German umlaut characters.".
My backups still don´t work.

Yours, looser9

Also having these problems on Centos 5.10 and Plesk 11.5.30 (I really regret updating right now). :(

The last update (11.5.30 Update #25 [28-Nov-2013]) seems to have fixed the issue.
At least I can backup again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back