• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 11.5 is very close to release. Last chance for your feedback

Have you tried Plesk 11.5?

• Yes, and I don't like the change (tell us why)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, and I will not

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Kons,
thank you for sharing your experience, i appreciate that.
i will take a look n horde 5. There a lot of Roundcube plugins and extension that let your RD very attractive. I dont know about mobile stuffs
Therefore, for mobile access, in think that in the most of cases they have good support for it by app, without need to open by browser. Apple works well, and Android i never tried but i guess run well too.

could you help me to install this 11.5? i already make the right download, wich folder on my server i suppose to upload and how i call them into ssh command

Hello, after over 6 months of publicly available preview, Plesk 11.5 is only few weeks till release.
That makes it just right time to evaluate if you didn't yet. If you did it long ago - it is just right time for re-evaluation.
That's the last chance to complain _BEFORE_ it is released. :)

Among multiple other things Plesk 11.5 includes 2 big changes:
  1. changed structure of users home. Much less folders now. But that's A CHANGE and we need your review.
  2. changed UI. We think managing sites is more convenient now. But that's A CHANGE and we need your review.

We are very much curious for your feedback on these (and other changes). If you have already tried Plesk 11.5 - PLEASE TELL US what you think about its new UI (in this survey)

If you didn't yet, evaluation is more than simple -
  1. Download from http://www.parallels.com/download/plesk/11.5 - license key and changelog included
  2. Install (requires "--all-versions" option)
  3. Evaluate and submit feedback

If your business involves VPSes and you can clone one of your current Plesk server, so that you can try upgrade to Plesk 11.5 - that would be great. If you can try transfer (previously known as migration) from your server to fresh Plesk 11.5 - great as well. Tell us your experience.

If you cannot afford extra server for evaluation, drop me a private message and we can arrange a temporary server for you. Very limited offer - first come, first served.

UPD: If you don't have time to play with a server, explore ONLINE DEMO of Plesk 11.5 (Linux version only)
  1. Site owner demo (login: admin, password: plesk115) - fits best to explore experience of web master in their own VPS (shared hosting customer has similar look&feel)
  2. Hoster demo (login: admin, password: plesk115) - fits best to explore experience of a hoster or web agency, serviing sites for their customers.
The demoes are automatically reset to default state every few hours.

Please tell us what you think. Tell your friends and get free Plesk license (terms provided on top of the page).

Sergey, what is the Release ID?

i am trying by this tutorial, is missing this ID:
http://download1.parallels.com/Ples...-migration-guide/index.htm?fileName=70353.htm

thank you

Hi Kons,
thank you for sharing your experience, i appreciate that.
i will take a look n horde 5. There a lot of Roundcube plugins and extension that let your RD very attractive. I dont know about mobile stuffs
Therefore, for mobile access, in think that in the most of cases they have good support for it by app, without need to open by browser. Apple works well, and Android i never tried but i guess run well too.

could you help me to install this 11.5? i already make the right download, wich folder on my server i suppose to upload and how i call them into ssh command
I imagine you've downloaded it into your own desktop, if that's correct, you need to upload it to your server via FTP and login via SSH to your server as root and do the following commands:
- cd ~ (just to be safe, in case you login as another user and then have to switch user to root via the su command)
- wget http://autoinstall.plesk.com/plesk-installer (skip this if you've uploaded it as root, otherwise, if you've logged in as a user move it to /root after su)
- chmod +x plesk-installer
- ./plesk-installer --all-versions
- follow the on screen instructions and select the latest testing version.

As far as SSH goes, in Windows I use putty to access SSH servers.

ATTENTION: The above instructions are only for CentOS/RHEL linux servers, for other linux distributions you need to know if you can use the su command or only the sudo. If you're using the sudo command, you can upload it or wget it as a normal user and then do sudo ./plesk-installer --all-versions. For windows, I'm unaware of how to do it, as I don't use them. I'm pretty sure however, that the Preview link on the Plesk product page here on parallels.com has the necessary instructions. Without wanting to sound a bit disapproving, trying Plesk 11.5 requires some basic linux/windows commands. If you don't know what you're doing it's best to wait for the official release and update either to the early adopters or the general public release. Don't forget, it's still under beta testing, that means that some things may not work as you'd expect them to work and Parallels won't be able to provide you with enough support as they're still fixing issues and for not so simple stuff (such as Knowledge Base articles) you may end up getting a "sorry, we can't help you as it's still under development" reply from the support team.

As far as RC goes, I prefer to use things that are rather vanilla in their flavor when they are mission critical. Having to add plugins makes it cumbersome as they need to be updated as well after each new release is done, or they may contain some bad written code, so even though I like the new interface of RC, I prefer horde 5 which offers what I need already out of the box. I imagine you never used a groupware suite before, right? Horde is just that, a groupware suite, and for this reason, RC will never be like horde, they are competitive in the mail part, but different on all others.

For a far better example, take a look at Mozilla's Thunderbird and Microsoft's Outlook. The first one is just a contacts and mail client which needs a seperate product, sunbird to add calendar functions, while the second one already has them all on board, including organizing meetings with multiple parties and adding notes, even though they're not as advanced as One Note (which I use) or evernote which is becoming popular.

Also, don't forget that horde has been around for ages, and was considered (and probably still is) one of the best freely available groupware suites on the market. Given the fact that they also suport ActiveSync (even with some needed modifications) which horde explains on their wiki how to do it on a default installation (bear in mind that Parallels's installation is elsewhere and if you want to do these mods you need to locate where the psa-horde package is installed), it is much more useful than any other simple webmail solution. I've not tried other free groupware ones, so I can't tell. Also, if you're looking for something even more advanced, you may want to look at what Parallels offers through atmail pro, although, that might cost you a bit more.

Last edited:
Hi Kons,
thanks for install instructions and about the concerns (of installation)

regarding the webmail solution, endeed Horde5.0 seems to be more complete but visual RC is better in my opinion.
about the workgroup, schedule, and other features... they are not too important for my clients in this moment. Atmail seems to be the best option, but too much expensive, if they was more middle term, will be more customers and selling more i guess. Something like 50% of actual price.

So, for us RC works well, and the integration with plesk in 11.5 version will be great and improve our client usability. About the plugins, yes you are right some of them are not very good and need it some repair, well we have people here (we are web developer agency) that can fix or improve this codes to create a good combination. Finally is missing a compatibility version, i think this is the biggest problem. but we upgarde once a semester so give us time to relax until the next upgrade.

this is why we continues with RC,

regards

Hi Kons,
thanks for install instructions and about the concerns (of installation)

regarding the webmail solution, endeed Horde5.0 seems to be more complete but visual RC is better in my opinion.
about the workgroup, schedule, and other features... they are not too important for my clients in this moment. Atmail seems to be the best option, but too much expensive, if they was more middle term, will be more customers and selling more i guess. Something like 50% of actual price.

So, for us RC works well, and the integration with plesk in 11.5 version will be great and improve our client usability. About the plugins, yes you are right some of them are not very good and need it some repair, well we have people here (we are web developer agency) that can fix or improve this codes to create a good combination. Finally is missing a compatibility version, i think this is the biggest problem. but we upgarde once a semester so give us time to relax until the next upgrade.

this is why we continues with RC,

regards
Hi hardbrasil,

No problem, I just told you what I know from experience regarding the support of 11.5, as I got quite a few times a "sorry, can't help" reply when I thought I was doing something wrong when in fact it was a bug as it's still under development. I recall an incident were I had to change from postfix to qmail and couldn't switch back without manually removing all of the installation files and then installing postfix, back in 11.5.24. Of course, by 11.5.25 the bug was solved, but I spent a couple of days arguing with the support team until they sent me the manual remove idea as the KB article was useless at that time. In fact, I believe that dates were added in roundcube by 11.5.26, so I expect quite a few minor changes to happen as we move closer to release.

Atmail is indeed interesting, but their pricing range is for SMBs mainly or for businesses who actually need these things, not for the average Joe who only needs a webmail. The same goes for MS Exchange and for Windows Server. Don't forget, you do get what you pay, and that applies a lot in our field. Take Adobe and their suites for example. Up until the creative cloud, their cost was way too much for very small businesses, especially in the beginning, yet they didn't have problems selling their software to them after a few projects. Or apple's iMac desktops and MacBook laptops who probably still have the best display around for their price range.

Is there already a release ETA?
It should be out by the end of the month, last thing I heard was that it would be released by end of May to mid June. Given the fact that the last version is 11.5.27 and there's still no release notes for that version, I believe we're entering the release period pretty fast. Moreover, the fact that documentation for 11.5 is online makes me believe that we are very close to release, at least for early adopters.

Sorry, you really need to go with 11.5.28. I got 11.5.29 on an internal installation - it is one build ahead of public one and will be available next week only.

UPD: If you don't have time to play with a server, explore ONLINE DEMO of Plesk 11.5 (Linux version only)
  1. Hoster demo (login: admin, password: plesk115) - fits best to explore experience of a hoster or web agency, serviing sites for their customers.

Code:
ERROR: Zend_Db_Statement_Exception: SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1 Can't create/write to file '/tmp/#sql_6de_0.MYI' (Errcode: 122)

Additionally, an exception has occurred while trying to report this error: Zend_Db_Statement_Exception
 SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1 Can't create/write to file '/tmp/#sql_6de_0.MYI' (Errcode: 122) (Pdo.php:234)

CU

hologer

Code:
ERROR: Zend_Db_Statement_Exception: SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1 Can't create/write to file '/tmp/#sql_6de_0.MYI' (Errcode: 122)

Additionally, an exception has occurred while trying to report this error: Zend_Db_Statement_Exception
 SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1 Can't create/write to file '/tmp/#sql_6de_0.MYI' (Errcode: 122) (Pdo.php:234)

CU

hologer

Hi, can you tell what action has been performed before crash? Or was it on first login?

Hi,

on my virtual appliance, the things i mentioned are resolved. (ver 11.5.28) If any i will report any bugs further.

cio derde

For those who didn't get the email today regarding the exploit for 9.3, it let slip that 11.5 will be available on 6/13/13. I can't wait! I really want this update.

I have PHP-FPM and NGINX related BUGS that I can reproduce AND know how to solve! I have tried emailing support. I received a response ONCE, but have never heard back from anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back