• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 11.5 with external SMTP, PHP Mail not working, WP contact form not working

ErsanG

New Pleskian
Hi,

I'm using a 1blu.de vServer. On my VPS is Plesk 11.5 with centOS 6 installed.
I created my Webspace (www.quantitec.de) and removed the Mail Services and activated the MSMTP plugin because I'm using the webserver from the hoster 1blu.de.
I activated the Firewall with the "allow any connection" rule.

In Plesk Tools & Settings > External SMTP Server I filled in the server informations smtp.1blu.de password & username. I checked all three boxes -> SMTP needs auth, allow user scripts ...

I installed Wordpress 3.9.2 with a Theme that uses PHP Mail function.

The contact form is not sending any messages out. So I tried other php mail scripts but it doesn't work.

https://quantitec.de/test/sendmail.php
https://quantitec.de/test/info.php

Code:
<html>
<head><title>PHP Mail() test</title></head>
<body>

This form will attempt to send a test email. Please enter where this test should be sent to<br><p>
<form action = "sendmail.php" method = "post" name="sendmail">
Enter an email address: <input type = "text" name = "to"><br>
<input type="submit" value="Send" name="submit"><input type="reset" value="Reset" name="reset"><br><p>

<?php

if(isset($_POST['to']))
{
$host = $_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'];
$uri = $_SERVER['SCRIPT_URI'];
$mail_to=$_POST['to'];
$mail_subject="Test email from $host";
$mail_body="This is a test email, sent from $uri";
$header = "Content-type: text/html\n";
$header .= "From: \"PHP mail() Test Script\"<[email protected]>\n";

if(mail($mail_to, $mail_subject, $mail_body,$header))
{
print "Email sent successfully!";
}
else
{
print "Email did not send";
}
}
?>

</body>
</html>

[root@v37367 /]# tail -f /usr/local/psa/var/log/maillog

Aug 15 17:12:56 v37367 msmtp: host=smtp.1blu.de tls=on auth=on user=u188719_0-website from=admin_qt [email protected] errormsg='the server sent an empty reply' exitcode=EX_PROTOCOL

Where can I find the log file that could give me informations where the problem is?

I just want to use php mail for my wordpress contact form and for a project application.

Please help.

BR
Ersan

Last edited:
having the same issue!

Hi please
Look at my answer at the other thread. I found a solution.

You have to edit the php.ini

1.) I switched back from MSMTP to postfix
2.) I set the correct external smtp mail server informations in the php.ini (both php.ini .. the one in etc/php.ini and the one in var/vhost/www/mydomain
3.) now I can send via the quantitec.de/test/sendmail.php but still not via the contact form in wordpress quantitec.de/kontakt

Last edited:
Have you got resolved your mail problems. I can see that you have solved part of it, but still can´t receive mail from the contact form. I have the same problems with new subscriptions in Wordpress. The mail from WordPress never reaches the enrollee but stays in Queue in Plesk. I do not have SSL on my server and wonder if it might have something to do with it. Do you have experience with it?

Back