• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Contact form 7 & other plugins not working on Plesk hosting with wordpress

bityaz

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2
Plesk version and microupdate number
Hello

thank you for your time in reading this issue i've been facing.

I've been having difficulties in getting emails through contact form 7 and WP forms on my wordpress site. Although the emails do go through into the CF7 database, they aren't sent to my email.

I had tried getting some SMTP credentials from "sendinblue" for a trial, and WP forms had worked, but CF7 didn't, plus "Sendinblue" is a payed subscription.

So, i'm wondering, is there any fix for this? I've had a read through some possible fixes, and i've tried some, but nothing seems to work. Even if CF7 doesn't work, are there any SMTP details i can possibly use from my hosting so i can input?

Or anything?

I appreciate your time, and thank you.

Regards

Hello @bityaz!

I think you may need to describe your problem more specific to be able to get some helpful responses. Some log records (without any confidential information) may help to assume something.

Mail-log extension may help to uncover a little bit what is going on.
Also there is docs about Plesk's mail settings, have you look there?

hello @vbelozyorov!

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately i can't use Mail-log extension it seems. Is there no other way of getting a mail log and debugging?

My problem is, simply any contact form on the website doesn't work. But when i use SMTP details from a 3rd party like sendinblue, only WP-forms works, and cf7 still doesn't.

But surely i don't need to outsource my SMTP though do I?

Thank you
Hello @bityaz!

I think you may need to describe your problem more specific to be able to get some helpful responses. Some log records (without any confidential information) may help to assume something.

Mail-log extension may help to uncover a little bit what is going on.
Also there is docs about Plesk's mail settings, have you look there?

Sorry for Mail-log advise which doesn't suit for your OS. Here is the article about placement of some log and config files on Windows. Perhaps MailEnable is your case.

Also I've found another KB article: How to configure an external SMTP server in Plesk and it said
WordPress plugins will not be able to send mail using external SMTP settings from Plesk. It is required to install and configure an additional WordPress plugin, e.g., SMTP Mail, in order to use external SMTP server with WordPress.
So this may be the reason why CF7 doesn't work in your case with sendinblue.

I could be wrong, but it seems not a WPT-level problem, so maybe you should contact Plesk support to figure out with mail sending from the server.

Back