1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Plesk 11 auth-smtp with PostFix / mac works, pc doesn't

Discussion in 'Plesk 11.x for Linux' started by rgfincher, Nov 11, 2012.

1. rgfincher

rgfincher New Pleskian

90%
    Have upgraded Plesk 9.5.4 to 11.0.4 and found that my PostFix no longer recognises the auth-SMTP usernames/passwords for any accounts, when Microsoft email clients are used. However, it works fine when Apple Mac and iOS clients are used.

Suspect one or more types of password encryption which used to be enabled, are now disabled.
    Am fairly new to PostFix (although not to Plesk)

Any ideas?

2. rgfincher

rgfincher New Pleskian

90%
    Log-line entry:

Nov 11 21:15:48 mail postfix/smtpd[11571]: warning: SASL authentication failure: realm changed: authentication aborted

3. rgfincher

rgfincher New Pleskian

90%
    More information

This problem seems limited to connections on port 587 (submission port) which our customers mostly use, due to British providers of DSL blocking port 25 to third party servers.

4. whyers

whyers New Pleskian

ATT and 587

ATT (midwestern US) DSL also blocks port 25, I've found that when port 587 is open, the STARTTLS and not SSL seems to work.