• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Plesk 11 backup / restore problem

Webroy

Regular Pleskian
Hi i have a plesk 11 server which i backup with:

/usr/local/psa/bin/pleskbackup server -c --skip-logs --output-file=/backup/pleskbackup.tar -vvv

I am trying to restore the file into a new server.

I installed a new plesk version imported a license key and then unpacked the backup.

When i am trying to restore the backup i get the following error:

Unable to restore object: the provider does not have the required service plan

I cannot restore most of my domains because the service plan does not exist any idea how i can restore those?

Thanks!

Tried to restore a full backup unfortunatly same error:

Unable to restore object: the provider does not have the required service plan.

All subscriptions which have a standard service plan can be restored....

Other subscriptions who have Custom service plan and are locked for syncronisation cannot be restored..

That should be possible....

Any Response Igor/Plesk?

Tried to restore a full backup unfortunatly same error:

Unable to restore object: the provider does not have the required service plan.

This error occurs when there is no service plan existing for the domain. It should have same service plan with same resources in the destination Plesk. This should fix the issue.

Hi Igor,

The domains had custom service plan.

I changed that to the default unlimited service plan , but locked syning because of custom php settings of some domains. Unfurtunatly the error stays, i cannot restore the domains .

You should be able to custom some setting but then the restore does not work?

same problem

I got the same problem and It sounds like a bad joke for me. As the Plesk config is also backuped, the customized Serviceplans should be included. How should I create the exact same serviceplan again when I have no Idea what the system wants from me. I had a lot of "customized" domains and some are marked now as not restorable because of not existing Service Plan while others with the same configuration are restored!?!?
Any help would be welcome to fix that trouble.

I forget to point out that I restore the same domains 80 days ago without any problem which make it even more strange!

Last edited:
This error occurs when there is no service plan existing for the domain. It should have same service plan with same resources in the destination Plesk. This should fix the issue.

I'm running a migration between two identical servers, the migration fails claiming the migration agent isn't running on the source (it is, firewall open (or off in one test) Client for Microsoft Networks and File and Printer sharing installed on both) so I attempted to backup on one and restore on the other. All domains on the old server use the Unlimited Plan and I've checked all the settings and they are identical, it still however spits out Unable to restore object: the provider does not have the required service plan. Any ideas anyone?

Back