• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 11 : dbbackup failed: Unable to restore database : 'C:\Windows\TEMP\localhost\

esfahanhost

Basic Pleskian
Hi Plesk Support Team

I have this problem plesk 11 and windows server 2012

Error: dbbackup failed: Unable to restore database 'jalal_6www'
Not valid backup
Cannot open backup device 'C:\Windows\TEMP\localhost\jalal_6www\6www_02_08.b ak'. Operating system error 5(Access is denied.).
VERIFY DATABASE is terminating abnormally.

I check backup and find this file uploaded in ( C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\Backup\6www.ir\databases\jal al_6www-3452\6www_02_08.bak )

please help me for resolve this conflict in plesk 11 and windows server 2012

I have a similar problem.
WIndows 2008 R2 SP1
Plesk 11.5
MSSQL 2008 R2 SP2
When I installed Plesk I chose as Data Folder 'D:\Paralllels\Plesk\' instead of 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Paralllels\Plesk\'

I am trying to migrate from Plesk 9.5.
All MSSQL databases failed to restore with error:
<object name="mydomain.tld" type="domain">
<message severity="error" id="b3e129d7-e23b-418b-9000-fed59c4cc5c2" code="InformationalException">
<description>Cannot dump database content 'mydb' of type 'mssql'</description>
<message severity="error" code="SqlException">
<description>Cannot open backup device 'D:\Parallels\Plesk\PrivateTemp\tmp59686.tmp'. Operating system error 5(failed to retrieve text for this error. Reason: 15105).
BACKUP DATABASE is terminating abnormally.</description>
</message>
</message>
</object>

But there is no folder 'D:\Parallels\Plesk\PrivateTemp\'
This folder exists only on C, that is 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\PrivateTemp\'

I suppose this is a bug of Plesk 11.5.
I have always been using D drive for Plesk data and never had the above problem.

Should I create the PrivateTemp folder in D and give the same permissions as in C?

I created folder
D:\Paralllels\Plesk\PrivateTemp\'
and set the same permissions as in 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\PrivateTemp\', but I still get the same error.

All of our Windows installations have the same structure (with data in D) and until Plesk 11.0.9 never faced the same problem.
They were using 'PrivateTemp' folder of C, which was created during Plesk installation. I didn't have to create it manually and set the right permissions (which I haven't achieved yet, after many hours of debugging) in order to migrate sites with MSSQL!

I have spent many hours trying to find the right permissions with ProcMon.
I have reached at the point that user psaadm needs to be added to the above folder and all folders before that.
But I am afraid to do that, because If I add user to D, it may be inherited to all folders below D.
Is it safe to add user 'psaadm' to 'D', 'D:/Parallels' and 'D:/Parallels/Plesk' folders?

I finally managed to fix the problem.
The problem was at the source server.

I had to add write permissions to user:
NT SERVICE\MSSQL$InstanceName (NT SERVICE\MSSQL$SQLEXPRESS in my occcasion)
to folder:
D:\Paralllels\Plesk\PrivateTemp\
of the source server.

Then the migration completed successfully!

Back