• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 11 release date?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeuroPsyche

Regular Pleskian
Was a release date yet determined for Plesk 11?

I believe all sysops of Plesk will welcome the new additions and features.

You will need to watch marketing announcements of Parallels for the date. Parallels partners should receive earlier notification than general public.

Will Plesk 11 support remote servers? Right now each Plesk server that is installed has to have their own SmarterMail licenses which would make it too expensive to use.

Release of Plesk v.11????

Yes, I thought it was released also, as production... Let the Auto-Installer upgrade one of our Plesk 10.4.4 servers... after about 2 hours later it finished only to display that the server was operating over allowed permissions, meaning the Plesk 11 was only good for 1 site, 1 domain, etc...

I called tech support, submitted a ticket. They later came back and said that Plesk v11 was still in trial.

... and yes, I know, the site looks as if it was released as production.

... and yes... after about 6 hours later I finished restoring 10.4.4... So, all in all, I spent about a day working on recovering. This does not say that now, today, right this minute, what is for dl on Parallels is or isn't the production version.

I wish the site would state if it is production or trial... Wrote them many times and said that this was going to happen, that users would think it was production and install, but the site still does not say either way.
Dave.

Plesk v11 download is trial...

You will need to watch marketing announcements of Parallels for the date. Parallels partners should receive earlier notification than general public.

Igor,
The Plesk v11 download on /downloads/plesk/11 is a trial...
... the site shows that it is Current Release...

I let Auto-Update do it's job just to find out that I had a server that was useless for production use.
I had to restore previous backup to recover.

I think Parallels should NOT put Plesk v11 as 'latest release' and not have anything that shows that it is a trial.
Something should be on the site that says that it is a trial.

... although, a little over a day later(6/16/2012), after restoring a server to it's original state on 6/14, the file that is avilable for download is a true production?

Hi Dave,

The version on /download/plesk/11 _is_ the production version of Plesk. It officially went RTM (see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_release_life_cycle#RTM) about mid-day June 13 (Seattle time). Plesk 11 will proceed into GA on June 26. The goal of separating these is to allow our direct customers earlier access to final product so they can organize their own launches before we begin broadly marketing availability.

Anyhow, to the error message that you got - that sounds license related, almost as if the license was removed or was not valid to work with Plesk 11. I saw another post from you that sounds like you're using Perpetual (also known as "Purchase") licenses as opposed to lease/monthly licenses. Lease/monthly licenses work across Plesk 10.x and 11.x without changes, but Perpetual licenses have a couple requirements (does it have SUS? has the license key type been upgraded to 11.x?). So, I'd recommend checking w/ your account manager on your license and giving the upgrade another go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back