• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Plesk 11 - Subdomains added with wrong host in IIS

sweethome-il

New Pleskian
I have a fully updated Plesk 11.09 server.

Beside other weird issues for which I cannot find answers, today I've tried to add a subdomain to one of the existing domains in a webspace. I gave a name (ad), had the domain under which I wanted the sudbomain checked and put the domain name in the path (ie. /domain.com).

Plesk created the domain successfully, created it's home dir in /vhosts/sub.domain.com but in IIS it's added with path:
D:\vhosts\WEBSPACEDOMAIN.COM\SUB.DOMAIN.COM

This is definately a bug for which I refuse to pay 75$ just to have reported.

Justin

This looks like a BUG.
It creates two places to the subdomain
D:\vhosts\sub.example.com
D:\vhosts\example.com\site1 (or the name you chose)
It associates with the IIS the folder created inside the example.com and simply ignores the folder sub.exemplo.com (then why create it?)

Back